Subscribers to email forwarding can be manage email preferences from their alumni.harvard user profile page. You will need your HarvardKey login name and password to access this page. When changing your email forwarding address, please keep the following points in mind:
- You must activate forwarding to use your email forwarding address. If the "Enable email forwarding" box is unchecked, any messages sent to your email forwarding address will bounce back as undeliverable.
- Any time you create or make a change to your email forwarding address or make any changes to your forwarding settings, it will take up to 3 hours for the changes to take effect.
- Subscribers can have only one email forwarding address, which can forward to only one destination.
Email forwarding addresses can be changed by visiting the alumni.harvard Email Forwarding Page after logging in with your HarvardKey login name and password and changing your handle in the "Emails sent to" box.
Any changes to your email forwarding address will take up to 3 hours to take effect, after which your previous address will no longer be valid. Please be sure to notify your contacts of the change in email address.
Your email forwarding address is independent from your HarvardKey login name, so changing your email address will not affect your login.
To change your forwarding destination address:
- Log in to the alumni.harvard.edu community using your HarvardKey login name and password.
- Click on the Email Forwarding link in the left hand navigation.
- Click on the "Edit" box. Select a different email address from the "Will be forwarded to" dropdown.
- Click "Save."
After taking these steps, it will take up to 3 hours for mail to be re-directed to your new address. We strongly recommend that you update your forwarding settings and confirm that mail is being forwarded to your new destination address before cancelling the account to which mail is currently being forwarded.
Still need help? Contact the AAD Service Desk.