Instructions for Stock and Bond Gifts
To transfer stocks, bonds, mutual funds, foreign stocks, physical certificates, or any other gifts that may require special instructions, please contact the security gifts team in Alumni & Development Services (ADS) at (866) 845-6596.
You may provide this information by one of the following methods*:
- Online Gift Form: Notify the security gifts team of an Expected Gift of US Securities
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (866) 845-6596
- Fax: (617) 496-8608
- Mail: President & Fellows of Harvard College, c/o Alumni & Development Services, 124 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, Attn: Trust Administration
*Information attached to a transfer as "Comments" does not reliably arrive in its entirety.
Provide the following information to the security gifts team in Alumni & Development Services (ADS):
- Name of the security
- Number of shares
- Name of the donor with class year, if applicable
- Designation of the gift
- Brokerage or bank where the shares are held
- Cost basis and acquisition date*
*This information is being collected in relation to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
Important: These instructions do not constitute authority to open an account in Harvard's name.
Matching Gift Program Search
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match contributions made to Harvard by their employees. To find out if your or your spouse’s company has a matching gift program, please enter the employer's name below.
If your or your spouse’s company has a matching gift program, please request a matching gift form from the company and send us the completed form with or following your gift. If the employer uses an online matching gift site, please send your gift to us and visit the company’s website to request that a matching gift be made.
Please direct completed forms and/or questions to:
Alumni & Development Services
124 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138