Harvard University is registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a private, nonprofit 501(c)3 with a federal tax ID (EIN) of 04-2103580.
- Harvard’s legal name is President and Fellows of Harvard College which will appear on all relevant tax documentation.
- Harvard’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
- Tax receipts are mailed to the donor’s preferred address within 15 business days after the donation is received.
- As of March 18th, 2022 gifts made by credit card will receive a tax receipt to the email address provided in the online giving form. Please use your preferred email address when making a gift online.
Need a copy of your tax receipt? Use our Tax Receipt Request Form.
- Please note that Harvard does not issue tax receipts for gifts legally made from Donor Advised Funds. The DAF sponsor handles all recordkeeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.