Please note that this program is SOLD OUT and the waiting list is at capacity.
This trip is organized in cooperation with the Harvard Center for Hellenic Studies.
Travel back through time to ancient Greece on this annual favorite featuring Professor Greg Nagy and Professor Naomi Weiss.
Schedule by Day
- Mar 10: Depart U.S. on overnight flight to Athens, Greece
- Mar 11: Arrive Athens / Transfer to Nafplio / Welcome dinner
- Mar 12: Nafplio
- Mar 13: Nafplio / Olympia
- Mar 14: Olympia / Delphi
- Mar 15: Delphi / Athens
- Mar 16: Athens
- Mar 17: Athens
- Mar 18: Athens / Return to U.S.
We are pleased to offer special pricing for current Harvard College Students and Harvard Graduate Students:
- $1,995 Harvard College student rate per person double occupancy
- $2,795 Harvard Graduate student rate per person double occupancy
- This rate also applies to students who have completed the HeroesX online course and recent Harvard College graduates from classes 2013–2022.
Standard Alumni & Guest pricing:
- $3,995 per person double occupancy
- $925 single supplement
- Two nights in Nafplio, Hotel Ippoliti
- One night in Olympia, Hotel Europa
- One night in Delphi, Anemolia Domotel
- Three nights in Athens, Athens Gate Hotel
HAA Student Travel Support Fellowship Award
Harvard Alumni Travels is pleased to offer a Student Travel Support Fellowship award to select eligible Harvard College students to afford them the opportunity to participate in this intergenerational travel program. Details on the Fellowship award and application process are included in the application document. All applications are due to Harvard Alumni Travels by January 10, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
You should be in overall good health and able to walk up to three miles over the course of a day and stand for periods of time in museums, at historic sites and in crowded areas—often in the heat of the day. Some sites require hiking up hills and walking on uneven/slippery/dirty services and are not appropriate for people who have difficulty walking unassisted for long periods without breaks. There is some walking required up hills and stairs to access the hotel(s) in Nafplio. There will be two travel days with long drives (over five hours) and the drive to Arahova includes very winding roads. Most days have one to three hours of free time. Temperatures in March are generally in the 60s °F during the day and 40s in the evenings, but can on occasion be much warmer or cooler. This is the tail end of the rainy season so some wet weather should be expected.