In Southern Africa, diversity reigns from ocean to mountains, from desert to plains, and from waterfalls to extraordinary wildlife. Experience the magnificence of four distinct nations: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Marvel at the spectacular Victoria Falls with its 300-foot-deep gorge and thundering spray. Set off on a rhino safari in open-top safari vehicles and end the day on a traditional Sundowner cruise on the mighty Zambezi River. Rise with the sun to see the world’s highest crested dunes at Sossusvlei, its red-orange hues constantly changing in the early morning light. End the adventure with four nights in dynamic and beautiful Cape Town.
Schedule by Day
- Mar 14: Depart the U.S.
- Mar 15: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Mar 16: Johannesburg / Soweto
- Mar 17: Johannesburg / Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Mar 18: Victoria Falls
- Mar 19: Victoria Falls
- Mar 20: Chobe National Park, Botswana
- Mar 21: Victoria Falls / Windhoek, Namibia (via Johannesburg)
- Mar 22: Windhoek / Namib Desert / Sossusvlei
- Mar 23: Namib Desert / Sossusvlei
- Mar 24: Sossusvlei / Swakopmund
- Mar 25: Swakopmund / Walvis Bay / Namibian Coast
- Mar 26: Swakopmund / Cape Town, South Africa
- Mar 27: Cape Town / The Winelands
- Mar 28: Cape Town / Cape of Good Hope
- Mar 29: Cape Town
- Mar 30: Depart for U.S.
- Mar 31: Arrive in U.S.
- $9,654 per person double occupancy, including airfare from BOS, JFK, Wash DC Dulles ($8,295 air & land inclusive plus $1,359 airline fees & taxes)
- Land Only $8,295 per person double occupancy
- Single supplement: $1,695
- 54 on Bath, Rosebank (Johannesburg) / Days 2-3 / Deluxe
- The Victoria Falls Hotel, Victoria Falls / Days 4-7 / Deluxe
- Windhoek Country Club, Windhoek / Day 8 / Superior First Class
- Sossusvlei Lodge, Sossusvlei / Days 9-10 / Superior First Class
- Swakopmund Hotel, Swakopmund / Days 11-12 / Superior First Class
- The Table Bay Hotel, Cape Town / Days 13-16 / Deluxe
- (Kapama Southern Camp, Kapama Private Game Reserve / Extension / Deluxe)
Optional Post-Trip Extension
Kruger: Kapama Private Game Reserve
March 30-April 3, 2024 (4 days/3 nights)
Please Note: Optional extension information will be confirmed by the Operator after registration.
This program involves 2-4 miles of walking per day, sometimes during the heat of the day. Walking up hills or stairs (without handrails), walking along large sand dunes. Long days of motorcoach travel and sightseeing. Must be able to climb in/out of the safari vehicle without assistance. Moderate hikes on uneven terrain. Ability to get on/off the motorcoach several times a day without assistance.