Immerse yourself in the true essence of Italian life in the fabled Lake District for one full week, with charming accommodations in the Palace Hotel in the heart of lovely Como. Cruise by private boat on Lake Como, Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta. Excursions feature Bellagio, Villa del Balbianello, Stresa, the Borromean Islands and the Sacro Monte di Orta. Visit Milan’s Duomo and Teatro alla Scala and see Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper. Enriching lectures and the exclusive Village Life® Forum with local residents bring personal perspectives of the region’s modern life and cultural heritage. Bologna Post-Program Option.
Schedule by Day
- Oct 15: Depart U.S.
- Oct 16: Arrive Milan, Italy / Como
- Oct 17: Como
- Oct 18: Lake Maggiore / Borromean Islands / Stresa
- Oct 19: Milan
- Oct 20: Lake Como / Villa del Balbianello / Bellagio
- Oct 21: Lake Orta / San Giulio Island / Sacro Monte di Orta
- Oct 22: Como
- Oct 23: Como / Milan / Return home
- $3,995 per person double occupancy
- $4,995 single occupancy
- Seven nights at Palace Hotel in Lake Como
Post-Program Extension: Bologna
October 23–26, 2022
- $1,995 per person double occupancy
- $2,995 single occupancy
A fair amount of walking (at least one mile per day) with excursions lasting up to three hours at a time. Limited free time.