Trace North America’s passion for innovation, admire magnificent coastal scenery and visit places rich in maritime history during this seven-night, exclusively chartered cruise featuring all five Great Lakes. Cruise from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Toronto, Ontario, aboard the Five-Star, small ship Le Dumont D’Urville featuring only 92 Suites and Staterooms. Experience the Victorian charm of Mackinac Island and the biodiversity of Ontario’s UNESCO-inscribed Niagara Escarpment, including a visit to quaint Tobermory. Transit the Soo Locks and Welland Canal—Victorian-era engineering marvels—and visit the Museum Ship SS Valley Camp in historic Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. Discover the spirit of invention and cultural largesse that defines Detroit with guided tours of the Detroit Institute of Arts, the Edsel and Eleanor Ford House and the Henry Ford Museum of Innovation. Feel the awe-inspiring force of Niagara Falls during a full-day excursion, featuring an unforgettable cruise toward the base of powerful Horseshoe Falls. Extend your journey with the Milwaukee Pre-Program and Toronto Post-Program Options.
Schedule by Day
- Sep 17: Depart / Arrive in Milwaukee, Wisconsin / Embark Le Dumont D’Urville
- Sep 18: Mackinac Island, Michigan / Cruising Lake Huron
- Sep 19: Cruising Lake Superior / Whitefish Point / Sault Ste. Marie
- Sep 20: Cruising Lake Huron / Tobermory, Ontario
- Sep 21: Detroit, Michigan
- Sep 22: Detroit for Dearborn / Cruising Lake Erie
- Sep 23: Port Colborne (Welland Canal) for Niagara Falls / St. Catharines, Ontario / Toronto, Ontario / Cruising Lake Ontario
- Sep 24: Toronto, Ontario / Return to home city
To be announced
- Seven nights aboard Le Dumont D’Urville
My walking shoes are laced up tight and I’m ready to keep up with my traveling companions. I look forward to getting to know them on the drives and/or flights we’ll take between cities. I enjoy getting around in Zodiac rafts and 4x4 vehicles for short durations. A little mental and physical stimulation will do me good!