Group Size: Emerald Azzurra can take up to 100 guests
Price: Starting from $6,999 per person, double occupancy / $8,749 single occupancy
Co-sponsored with: National Trust for Historic Preservation, University of Chicago Alumni Association, Johns Hopkins Alumni Association
Join a balmy Caribbean winter escape aboard the brand-new superyacht Emerald Azzurra. Sail to seven island paradises, once vital stops on transatlantic trade routes, and rediscover often-forgotten links between the Caribbean and the birth of the United States. From Barbados, sail to the little-visited yet spectacular island of Dominica and tour an 18th-century military fortress surrounded by virgin forest, shimmering rivers, and dormant volcanoes. Call at Nevis, the birthplace of Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, and visit his childhood home. Spend a day among the white-sand beaches of St. Barthélemy (“St. Barts”), with opportunities to swim in the warm Caribbean waters. On magical Antigua, visit the famous Nelson’s Dockyard and a restored 17th-century sugar plantation before calling at Montserrat, described as “a modern-day Pompeii” and home to a stunning botanical garden. Step ashore for a day in the archipelago known as Îles des Saintes, site of the most significant naval battle ever fought in the Caribbean between the British and the French. Before disembarking upon return to Barbados, meander through a magnificent garden in Soufrière, a town on the island of St. Lucia.
Schedule by Day
- Saturday, February 24: Independent depatures to Barbados / Embark Emerald Azzurra
- Sunday, February 25: Roseau, Dominica
- Monday, February 26: Charlestown, Nevis
- Tuesday, February 27: Gustavia, St. Barthelemy
- Wednesday, February 28: Falmouth Bay, Antigua / Montserrat
- Thursday, February 29: Iles des Saintes, Guadeloupe
- Friday, March 1: Soufriere, St. Lucia
- Saturday, March 2: Barbados / Disembark / Return
- Oceanview Stateroom, Emerald Deck: $6,999 per person, double occupancy / $8,749 single occupancy
- Balcony Suite, Observation Deck: $9,999 per person, double occupancy / $14,999 single occupancy
- Balcony Suite, Panorama Deck: $10,999 per person, double occupancy / $16,499 single occupancy
- Deluxe Balcony Suite, Pool Deck: $13,999 per person, double occupancy / $20,999 single occupancy
- Terrace Suite, Panorama Deck: $16,999 per person, double occupancy
- Yacht Suite, Observation Deck: $17,999 per person, double occupancy
- Owners Suite, Pool Deck: $19,999 per person, double occupancy
- Seven nights on Emerald Azzurra
This is a fairly active program that involves walking (in some cases on some uneven terrain such as cobblestone streets and on sandy beaches), and standing during visits to museums, gardens and historic sites. In several places on the itinerary the ship will moor in harbors, which requires use of tenders and/or Zodiacs to access the island and staff will always be present to assist accordingly. (The intention is to have the ship secured to the dock for both embarkation and disembarkation) The temperatures during your time in the Caribbean will be tropical, with daytime highs into the 80* and evenings in the 70s °F. Any rain encountered will most likely only be temporary showers and the sun is very strong. It's recommended you pack a hat, sunblock, and insect repellant. Casual dress is appropriate most of the time and comfortable walking shoes are essential! For welcome and farewell dinners, country club casual is customary, as is resort style clothing. Please refrain from shorts, t-shirts and flip flop sandals in the dining room at dinner.
The Emerald Azzura has two elevators, granting access to all levels of the yacht.