Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience Earth’s most wondrous cosmic event in pristine Antarctica. From aboard the exclusively chartered, Five‑Star L'Austral, be among the privileged few to witness the total solar eclipse from the Wedell Sea on December 4, 2021. Your ice‑class ship will be precisely positioned in the path of totality, revealing the spectral glow of the corona for nearly two minutes*, an evocative moment for both umbraphiles and first-time observers. Cruise for 10-nights to the unspoiled wonders of the White Continent to enjoy fantastically shaped icebergs, sparkling turquoise glaciers, bustling penguin rookeries, and awe-inspiring whales. Accompanied by the ship’s expert team of naturalists, board sturdy Zodiac watercraft for excursions ashore and to observe Antarctica’s abundant marine wildlife. Spend one night in cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, Argentina. Extend your journey with the Buenos Aires Pre-Program and Iguazú Falls Post‑Program Options.
Schedule by Day
- Nov 27: Depart the U.S.
- Nov 28: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Nov 29: Buenos Aires/Fly to Ushuaia/Embark L'Austral
- Nov 30: Cruising the Drake Passage
- Dec 1: King George Island
- Dec 2: Elephant Island
- Dec 3: Coronation Island, South Orkney Islands
- Dec 4: Total Solar Eclipse, Weddell Sea
- Dec 5: Heroina Island
- Dec 6: Brown Bluff, Antarctic Continent / Bernardo O'Higgins Station
- Dec 7: Deception Island
- Dec 8: Cruising the Drake Passage
- Dec 9: Ushuaia, Argentina/Disembark ship/Fly to Buenos Aires/Depart for the U.S.
- Dec 10: Arrive in the U.S.
*Eclipse viewing and cruise itinerary are subject to weather, ice and sea conditions and may be revised as necessary.
Per person double occupancy:
- Category 8: $14,095
- Category 7: $15,395
- Category 6: $16,695
- Category 5: $17,095
- Category 4: $18,095
- Category 3: $18,495
- Category 2: $18,995
- Category 1: $19,395
- Deluxe Suite: $19,795
- Prestige Suite II: $20,095
- Prestige Suite I: $20,995
- Owner’s Suite: $21,595
- Category 6: $27,595
- Category 4: $30,095
- One night at the InterContinental Buenos Aires Hotel
- Ten nights aboard L'Austral
Optional Buenos Aires Pre‑Extenstion
- $645 per person double occupancy
- $845 single occupancy
Optional Iguazú Falls Post‑Extension
Jungle View Rooms:
- $2,295 per person double occupancy
- $2,995 single occupancy
Falls View Rooms:
- $2,445 per person double occupancy
- $3,245 single occupancy
This is an expedition-type cruise involving shore landings by rubber Zodiac boats. Participants must be able to get in and out of the Zodiacs with minimal assistance. While ashore in Antarctica, the excursions involve a fair amount of walking over rocky, uneven, and sometimes steep terrain. Please be aware that crossing the Drake Passage can be rough and unpredictable. Because of the remoteness of the destination and an absence of shore-side facilities for medical treatment, each participant must have a health statement signed by a physician verifying they are in very good physical condition in order to participate.