Group Size: Ganges Voyager can accommodate up to 50 guests
Price: Starting from $9,999 per person, double occupancy / $13,499 single occupancy
Co-sponsored with: The Metropolitan Museum of Art
SINGLE ACCOMMODATIONS SOLD OUT!
The holiest river of Hinduism, the Ganges is the lifeblood of Indian culture and civilization. Begin in Kolkata to sail this sacred waterway aboard the luxurious Ganges Voyager. On a week-long expedition, discover awe-inspiring monuments, timeless art, ornate terra-cotta temples, colonial architecture, and the extraordinary energy of village life along the Ganges. Over two nights in Kolkata, former capital of British India, marvel at the opulent Neoclassical palaces built by wealthy Hindu merchants. Nearby, take an intimate look at Mother Teresa’s exceptional life on a specially curated tour of the Missionaries of Charity headquarters. After sailing upstream to Bandel, admire a variety of magnificent terra-cotta temples in Kalna. An exquisite highlight will be the intricately carved terra-cotta temples around the village of Barangar, a former trading post. Journey by local buggy to a stunning pink-brick mosque and roam the vast Hare Krishna temple complex in Mayapur. Finally, stroll amid gorgeous 17th-century French colonial architecture in Chandannagar before returning to Kolkata for disembarkation.
Schedule by Day
- Monday, January 22: Independent departures from U.S.
- Tuesday, January 23: Kolkata, India
- Wednesday, January 24: Kolkata / Embark Ganges Voyager
- Thursday, January 25: Kolkata / Bandel / Kalna
- Friday, January 26: Kalna / Matiari
- Saturday, January 27: Matiari / Khushbagh
- Sunday, January 28: Khushbagh / Baranagar / Murshidabad
- Monday, January 29: Murshidabad / Mayapur
- Tuesday, January 30: Mayapur / Chandannagar / Kolkata
- Wednesday, January 31: Kolkata / Disembark / Return to U.S.
- Signature Suite, Main Deck: $9.999 per person, double occupancy / $13,499 single
- Colonial Suite, Upper Deck: $10,499 per person, double occupancy / $16,499 single
- Heritage Suite, Upper Deck: $11,999 per person, double occupancy
- Viceroy Suite, Upper Deck: $13,999 per person, double occupancy
- Maharajah Suite, Upper Deck: $15,999 per person, double occupancy
- One night at Oberoi Grand Hotel, Kolkata
- Seven nights on Ganges Voyager
Optional Kolkata Prelude (Jan. 20-23) and optional Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur Postlude (Jan.31-Feb.5) will be offered. Both extensions are under development.
The offshore excursions involve walking and often through heritage buildings and roads. The ship does not have an elevator. At certain ports of call, Ganges Voyager may not be able to dock at a jetty for disembarkation. In such cases, a tender boat shall take you to the shore. Ship staff will be there to assist at all points of the excursion and onboard. The temperatures during the stay in West Bengal should range from 10 to 25 degrees C. We recommend packing a hat, sunblock, and insect repellent. Casual and comfortable clothing is appropriate most of the time with emphasis on layered clothing. Comfortable walking shoes are essential. The ship's kitchens are equipped to deal with any food allergies or preferences.