- Gain unique insights through an exclusive lecture program by Harvard study leaders Dr. Lisa Mei- Inn Wong and Mr. Lynn Chang.
- Discover the surprising cultural and culinary capitals of the Po Valley through a diverse array of highlights, from a morning visit to a Parmesan cheese dairy to a dinner with the owners of a balsamic vinegar distillery at their historic farmhouse.
- Stay at the charming, four-star Hotel Posta in Reggio Emilia, a converted 14th-century noble palace that is a landmark in itself!
- Explore the culinary and agricultural specialties of the heart of Italy through discussions with local farm owners and vintners.
- Delight in Lynn Chang’s unparalleled talent as he performs several violin pieces throughout the week.
Schedule by Day
- Jun 6: Depart the U.S.
- Jun 7: Arrive Bologna, Italy / Reggio-Emilia
- Jun 8: Reggio Emilia
- Jun 9: Cremona
- Jun 10: Bologna
- Jun 11: Reggio Emilia
- Jun 12: Mantova
- Jun 13: Parma / Fontanellata
- Jun 14: Return to U.S.
- $5,995 per person double occupancy
- $6,490 single occupancy
- Seven nights at the Hotel Posta in Reggio Emilia
This is a moderately active tour that requires walking over uneven, often cobblestone, paths with no handrails and standing in museums for up to two hours at a time. There will be walking tours for up to two hours with periodic stops, but no guarantee of places to sit. We will follow a leisurely pace on tour, but it is entirely up to individuals to pace themselves according to their own capabilities. It always is possible to choose not to participate in certain tour activities.