Group Size: This program can accommodate up to 140 passengers from all co-sponsoring organizations.
Price: Starting from $4,340 per person double occupancy / $6,944 single occupancy
Co-sponsored with: Notre Dame, Smithsonian Journeys, William & Mary
Journey through the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland, cruising the Moselle and Rhine rivers. Spend two nights each in Zermatt and Lucerne. Ride aboard three legendary railways—the Gornegrat Bahn for views of the Matterhorn, the Glacier Express, and the Pilatus Railway, the world’s steepest cogwheel railway—and enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne. This is an extraordinary itinerary at an exceptional value. Enhance your “Grand Tour” with the Amsterdam Pre-Program Option.
Schedule by Day
- Jun 28: Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Jun 29: Amsterdam, the Netherlands / Embark Amadeus Imperial
- Jun 30: Cologne, Germany
- Jul 1: Cochem / Reichsburg
- Jul 2: Koblenz / Rudesheim
- Jul 3: Mannheim for Heidelberg
- Jul 4: Strasbourg, France
- Jul 5: Basel, Switzerland / Disembark ship / Bern / Zermatt
- Jul 6: Zermatt
- Jul 7: Zermatt / Lucerne
- Jul 8: Lucerne
- Jul 9: Lucerne / Zurich / Return to the U.S. or Canada
- Category C4: $4,340
- Category C1: $4,740
- Category B4: $5,440
- Category B1: $5,940
- Category A1: $6,540
- Suite: $7,140
- Single occupancy is 160% of any per person double occupancy rate in any category.
- 6 nights aboard M.S. Amadeus Imperial
- 2 nights at the deluxe Hotel Schweizerhof Zermatt
- 2 nights at the five-star Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern
Jun 26–29, 2023
$995 per person double occupancy / $1,295 single occupancy
Busy pacing may include multiple hotel changes plus internal flights or long drives. May involve exposure to the outdoors, full days of touring, and walking up to two hours.