The Santa Cruz II is designed specifically to navigate the narrow channels, shallow bays and environmentally sensitive waters of remote archipelagos and provides the most comprehensive access possible to the region’s marine and wildlife treasures. The ship has 50 cabins for 90 guests, 36 of which are interconnected, offering flexibility for guests from single travelers to families. These cabins feature twin beds which can be convertible to double beds.
The ship’s public facilities include two lounges, natural history library and reading room with Internet access, bar, boutique, observation deck for dolphin watching, two jacuzzis, gym and medical clinic with a full-time physician. The Horizon Deck offers a gift shop, reception area and the infirmary, where a medical doctor is on call 24/7.
The Beagle Restaurant is located to the aft on the Ocean Deck. Meals are served in the Beagle Dining Room, but also al fresco on the Panorama Deck with outdoor BBQ. The cuisine on board is locally sourced and organically grown, prepared by a passionate culinary team, under the direction of the Gastronomic Director, a Cordon-Bleu chef. There is a 24-hour coffee station which provides free coffee, tea and water.
- Inset table in each suite
- L’Occitane-en-Provence amenities in bathrooms
- Deluxe extra pillows
- Special addition take-home coffee table book
- Air conditioning
- Large picture windows
- Hair dryer
- iPod / MP3 docking station
- Numerous electrical outlets
- Public address system
- In-room safe
- Reading lights
- Free Internet access (some restrictions apply)
- Wetsuit usage included
- Turn-down service delicacy
- In-cabin national & international magazines
- Expedition photos and videos on CD
Each outside, air-conditioned, ocean-view cabin and suite (163 to 325 square feet) features one double bed convertible to two twin beds, a private bathroom with shower, safety box and hair dryer.
- Darwin Suite: 352 sq ft, Cabins 311, 314 and 315
- Explorer Double Cabin: 163 sq ft, Cabins 312 & 313
- Explorer Double Cabin: 163 sq ft, Cabins 211-222, 224-228
- Explorer Double Cabin: 163 sq ft, Cabins 101-109, 111-116, 119-122, 128-131
- Explorer Triple Cabin: 191 sq ft, Cabins 126 & 127
- Voyager Single Cabin: 127 sq ft, Cabins 124 & 125