Harvard College Alumni
Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between you and Harvard that offers a tax-advantaged way to provide for income during retirement. In the future, your gift provides support for Harvard’s mission.
You can begin to receive income right away, or at a predetermined future date. You also can decide when the income payments begin within a future time frame, determined when you make your gift. In any case, your income is taxed at a favorable blended rate.
- Steady, guaranteed lifetime payments, backed by the assets of the University
- Charitable income tax deduction
- Avoidance of capital gains tax
- Savings on gift and estate taxes
- Future support for Harvard
- Minimum gift of $25,000
- Payments can begin at age 40 or later
- Can be funded with cash, securities, or other property
Harvard University Gift Annuity Rates
Income rates are based on your age or the age(s) of your beneficiary(ies) when quarterly payments begin.
|Donor makes a gift today at current age(s)…||…and annuity begins immediately at this rate...||…or waits 5 years before annuity begins at this rate:|
Request a Personal Gift Illustration
Please contact us at 617-496-3205 or use our electronic form.