- Who and What You Can Find Through the Online Directory
- Who Has Access to the Online Directory
- Limits on Searches
- Search Tips
Using the online directory, you can search for fellow alumni from all of Harvard's schools.
Who and What You Can Find Through the Online Directory
The online directory includes records for living alumni from all of Harvard's schools. For each record, you can view a variety of information, including name, degree information, contact information, and additional information, if the alumnus or alumna has chosen to share this information through the directory. You can add alumni to your "MyContacts" list for easy reference.
Please note that alumni can choose to show or hide all or part of their records. This may result in certain records not being found, or only limited information being displayed.
By default, records display only name and degree information. Additional information will be displayed for alumni who have registered for Alumni.Harvard and opted to show this information in the directory. Please see our profile update help page for information on how to hide or show information in your record.
Since alumni can opt to hide records, the online directory is not an official record of who attended Harvard. If you are trying to verify a person's attendance at Harvard, please contact the Registrar's Office of the school that they attended. The online directory also does not display information on deceased alumni. For information on deceased alumni, please contact the Harvard Archives.
The online directory does not display advisor profiles for Crimson Compass advisors. If you are trying to contact an alumnus or alumna for career advice, please use the Crimson Compass search.
Who Has Access to the Online Directory
All Harvard alumni and associate members who are registered for Post.Harvard have access to the online directory. Current students do not have access to the directory, but can search for career advisors using Crimson Compass.
Limits on Searches
Searches will display up to 500 records. If your search results in more than 500 records, an error message will be displayed, and you will need to go back and refine your search.
You can view a maximum of 100 unique records per day. Any time you open a record to view an individual's profile details, it counts against the limit (including opening a record from your contact list). If a record is found in a search but you do not click on the person's name to view the full profile, it does not count against the limit.
If you are looking for a particular alumnus or alumna, it is usually best to enter only a few search terms (for example, only name and class year), and then narrow your search if necessary. You do not need to fill in all of the provided fields when you search.
You can also use the advanced search to search by additional fields, such as house affiliation, student organizations, or business address. Please note that you will only find individuals who have provided and opted to show this information.
Please see below for some general search tips.
- The simple search does not include middle names. Please make sure that you do not include a middle name or initial in the First Name field. If you wish, you can use the advanced search function to search by middle name.
- If you do not find a person when searching by Last Name at Graduation, try searching using Current Last Name instead, and vice-versa.
- When searching for alumni in the U.S., it is best to leave the Country field as "Any Country," because many U.S. addresses are entered with the Country field left blank.
- If you are not able to find the person you are looking for, try leaving the City, State and Country fields blank. Searching by geographical criteria will only find individuals who have opted to show their home addresses, and will omit all other records.
- You can fill in just the beginning of an individual's name if you wish; the system will find anyone with a name starting with the letters that you have entered.
- The Department field is only tracked for certain types of degrees (for example, it is not included for undergraduate degrees). If you are not able to find the alumni who you are looking for, try omitting this field.
Still need help? Contact the Help Desk for assistance.