Charitable Gift Annuities
A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between you and Harvard that offers a tax-advantaged way to provide for income during retirement. In the future your gift will provide support for Harvard’s mission.
You can begin to receive income right away, or at a predetermined future date. You also can decide when the income payments begin within a future time frame, determined when you make your gift. In any case, your income is taxed at a favorable blended rate.
- Steady, guaranteed lifetime payments, backed by the assets of the University
- Charitable income tax deduction
- Avoidance of capital gains tax
- Savings on gift and estate taxes
- Future support for Harvard
- Minimum gift of $25,000
- Payments can begin at age 40 or later
- Can be funded with cash, securities, or other property
Harvard University Gift Annuity Rates*
Income rates are based on your age or the age(s) of your beneficiary(ies) when quarterly payments begin.
|Donor makes a gift today at current age(s)…||…and annuity begins immediately at this rate...||…or waits 5 years before annuity begins at this rate:|
*Annuity Rates Current as of March 2016
Request a Personal Gift Illustration
Please contact us at 800-446-1277 or use our electronic form.