Gifts of Personal Property
Gifts of art, collections, and other tangible property can be an effective way to provide meaningful support for the University. Depending on the asset given, the structure of your gift, and the purpose of your gift, there are various tax and financial benefits.
There Are a Number of Ways to Make your Gift:
- Make an immediate transfer of the property
- Establish charitable trust or gift annuity
- Provide for a bequest of the property through your estate plan
The Tax Benefits Can Include:
- Charitable income tax deduction and avoidance of capital gains tax based on fair market value for a gift of art accepted into the permanent holdings of the Harvard Art Museum
- Capital gains tax avoidance for a gift of art or other tangible property to be sold by the University to fund another purpose (e.g., financial aid, professorship, curatorship, program support)
- Gift and estate tax saving
For Further Information
Please contact us at 800-446-1277 or use our electronic form.