- Experience the breadth and beauty of southern Africa, rich with history, multicultural heritage and natural grandeur.
- Explore Johannesburg, “the City of Gold,” and visit Cape Town’s Table Mountain, Cape of Good Hope and Cape Winelands country.
- Naturalist-guided excursion boats for unique observation of magnificent fauna, including giraffe, elephant, hippopotamus and kudu, gathering along the Chobe River’s shores.
- Follow Nelson Mandela’s “Long Walk to Freedom”—including his former home in Soweto and, time permitting, his former prison on Robben Island.
- Visit one of the world’s top natural wonders, the awe-inspiring Victoria Falls.
- Exceptional “Big Five” wildlife viewing during a game drive in Chobe National Park, home to Africa’s largest populations of elephant, Cape buffalo, antelope, lion and hippopotamus.
- Two nights in the acclaimed MalaMala Private Game Reserve, an extension of Kruger National Park and a once-in-a-lifetime Five-Star African safari experience.
Schedule by Day
- Mar 11: Depart the U.S.
- Mar 12: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Mar 13: Johannesburg
- Mar 14: Johannesburg for Soweto
- Mar 15: Johannesburg/Fly to Victoria Falls
- Mar 16: Victoria Falls
- Mar 17: Victoria Fall/Drive Chobe National Park, Botswana/Chobe River, Namibia/Embark Zambezi Queen
- Mar 18: Chobe River Safari, Namibia
- Mar 19: Chobe River Safari, Namibia
- Mar 20: Disembark Ship/Drive to Kasane, Botswana/Fly to Cape Town
- Mar 21: Cape Town/Cape of Good Hope
- Mar 22: Cape Town/Cape Winelands
- Mar 23: Cape Town
- Mar 24: Fly to Skukuza/Transfer to the Mala Mala Private Game Reserve
- Mar 25: Mala Mala Private Game Reserve
- Mar 26: Fly to Johannesburg and fly to U.S.
- Mar 27: Arrive in U.S.
Per person double occupancy:
- Category SB $10,495
- Category SA $10,995
- Master Suite $11,595
Single Occupancy is 160% of any per person double occupancy rate in any category.
*Please note: Internal program air (Johannesburg / Victoria Falls, Kasane / Cape Town, Cape Town / Skukuza, and Skukuza / Johannesburg) is required and is purchased individually at an additional cost.
- Three nights at Fairlawns Boutique Hotel, Johannesburg
- Two nights at The Victoria Falls Hotel, Victoria Falls
- Three nights aboard MS Zambezi Queen
- Four nights at Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel, Cape Town
- Two nights in Mala Mala Main Camp, Mala Mala Private Game Reserve
Generally, the river safaris and game drives are not physically demanding, and participation in these activities is optional and at your discretion. Excursions may involve some walking over stone floors, brick streets, or uneven terrain, and may require climbing stairs. You must be able to step into and out of safari vehicles and excursion boats alone or with minimal assistance from your travel companion. The itinerary involves long, bumpy drives over very rough, dusty terrain. This program also includes several flights, and you must be able to go up and down stairs to board and deplane the airplanes. South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe are located in a malaria zone. It is strongly recommended that you discuss this risk with your personal physician immediately to determine your need for an anti-malaria regimen no later than four months prior to departure.