Providing a stellar overview of the best wines of Bordeaux and the north of Spain, this trip includes dining at Michelin restaurants, top classified Bordeaux chateaux, Riojan reds, several wine-pairing dinners, and a wine blending class. Visit top producers in two of the world's great wine regions and savor winery lunches in Pauillac, Sauternes, La Rioja, and Saint-Emilion. Enjoy a gourmet tapas (pintxos) tour in San Sebastian's Old Town and try rare Bordeaux and Rioja wines in a special dinner at the restaurant with Europe's most extensive wine cellar. Stay at a boutique hotel in the village with Spain's largest number of wineries. End your journey in Bilbao.
Schedule by Day
- Apr 30: Depart U.S. for Bordeaux
- May 1: Arrive Bordeaux
- May 2: Bordeaux / Chateau Pichon Baron / Chateau Beychevelle
- May 3: St. Emilion / Chateau Tour St Christophe
- May 4: Sauternes / San Sebastian
- May 5: San Sebastian / Zarautz
- May 6: San Sebastian / Haro / Rioja
- May 7: Rioja
- May 8: Rioja / Bilbao
- May 9: Depart Bilbao for U.S.
- $7,995 per person double occupancy
- $9,246 single occupancy
- Three nights at the Intercontinental Hotel in Bordeaux
- Two nights at the Londres y Inglaterra Hotel in San Sebastian
- Two night at the Viura Hotel in Rioja
- One night at the Gran Hotel Domine in Bilbao
Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursions often cover distances of at least one mile and are approximately three hours in length.