- Discover the historic palaces, mosques, cafes, and shops of Tunis
- Wander through ancient Carthage
- Visit the extraordinary Bardo Museum, admiring the largest collection of mosaics in the world
- Explore the Great Mosque of Kairouan and the amphitheater of El Jem
- Spend time on the island of Djerba, home to one of the world's oldest Jewish communities
- Roam through dwellings in the town of Matmata, home of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars
- Admire the oasis of Tozeur, with its 14th-century medina
Schedule by Day
- Sept 8: Depart the U.S.
- Sept 9: Arrive Tunis, Tunisia
- Sept 10: Tunis
- Sept 11: Tunis
- Sept 12: Kairouan
- Sept 13: Kairouan
- Sept 14: Djerba
- Sept 15: Djerba
- Sept 16: Ksar Ghilane
- Sept 17: Tozeur
- Sept 18: Tozeur
- Sept 19: Depart for U.S.
- Sept 20: Arrive U.S.
- $7,595 per person double occupancy
- $8,955 single occupancy
- Three nights at Dar el Jeld in Tunis
- Two nights at Hotel Kasbah in Kairouan
- Two nights at the Dar Dhiafa Hotel in Djerba
- One night at the Pansy Tented Camp Hotel in Ksar Ghilane
- Two nights at the Anantara Tozeur Resort in Tozeur
You should be in good overall health and able to walk up to three miles over the course of a day and stand for periods of time in museums and at historic sites, often in the heat of the day. There will be long days of motor coach traveling and sightseeing, moderate hikes on uneven terrain, and some walking up hills or stairs without handrails. Travelers should also be able to embark and disembark the yacht and motor coach without assistance.