Join us for a unique, comprehensive, seven-night journey to Scotland’s rarely visited Orkney and Shetland Islands and Norway’s majestic fjords, remote destinations forever linked by their Viking heritage. Cruise from Glasgow, Scotland, to Bergen, Norway, aboard the exclusively chartered, newest Five-Star, small ship Le Bellot. Travel in the wake of Viking explorers, cruising into ports accessible only by small ship amid spectacular landscapes in this seafaring region steeped in history and cultural richness. Enjoy a full-day scenic excursion into the Scottish Highlands, with visits to Fort William, Glenfinnan and Glencoe, and a specially arranged ride on Norway’s Flåm Railway, one of the world’s most scenic rail journeys. Visit Kirkwall in the Orkney Islands; prehistoric Jarlshof in the Shetland Islands; the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Orkney’s Neolithic Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae, including a special presentation by the Ness of Brodgar archaeological site director and head archaeologist; and Bergen’s picturesque Bryggen.
Schedule by Day
- Jun 2: Depart for Glasgow
- Jun 3: Glasgow, Scotland/Embark Le Bellot
- Jun 4: Fort William for the Scottish Highlands
- Jun 5: Kyle of Lochalsh for Isle of Skye
- Jun 6: Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, for Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae
- Jun 7: Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland, for prehistoric site of Jarlshof
- Jun 8: Cruising the Norwegian Fjords/Flåm Railway
- Jun 9: Bergen, Norway
- Jun 10: Bergen/Disembark ship/Return home
To be announced
- Seven nights aboard Le Bellot
Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and/or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursions often cover distances of at least one mile/1.6 km and are approximately three hours in length. Please be advised that the ship may either dock in port or tender ashore by small boat.