Uncover Ghana’s treasures from the East to the West Coast on this Spring Break favorite. Learn about Ghana’s rich history, culture and natural environment. Visit tropical rain forests, beautiful beaches, coastal towns, while interacting with the warm and lively people who call this captivating country, home. A modern society has arisen amid the historical remains of the brutal slave trade that once dominated the land. This program will address the Slave Trade, natural areas of interest, World Heritage Sites, and Ghana’s sacred traditions. Specially designed for Harvard students and alumni traveling together, this program offers a unique opportunity to interact in an intergenerational spirit within the Harvard Community. A diverse audience of students and alumni enlivens discussion and educational exchange.
Schedule by Day
- Mar 11: Depart U.S. on an overnight flight
- Mar 12: Arrive Accra, Ghana
- Mar 13: Accra
- Mar 14: Accra / Axim
- Mar 15: Axim / Amansuri Wetlands
- Mar 16: Axim / Sekondi-Takoradi / Elmina
- Mar 17: Elmina / Assin Manso / Cape Coast
- Mar 18: Kakum National Park / Elmina
- Mar 19: Elmina
- Mar 20: Depart for U.S.
To be announced
- Five nights at the Coconut Grove Regency Hotel
- Two nights at the Axim Beach Hotel
May involve long, bumpy drives over rough, dusty terrain. Hiking or trekking may be featured components. Destinations may require vaccinations. Accommodations may be basic, in keeping with the destination.