This classic family safari heads deep into the wilds of northern Tanzania, where you’ll experience an unmatched blend of world-class wildlife viewing, exhilarating nature walks, and intimate encounters with tribal culture. The adventure begins with a charter flight to a 10,000-acre private nature refuge in the Eastern Serengeti. There you will enjoy night wildlife drives, guided walks, and meetings with local Maasai people. Continue to the iconic Serengeti, where you will spend days exploring the untamed wilderness that lion, cheetah, leopard, and millions of hoofed animals call home. After a visit to Olduvai Gorge, an epicenter of human evolution, descend onto the floor of iconic Ngorongoro Crater. Observe an integral part of Tanzania’s ecology in the verdant hills and farmlands of the Ngorongoro Highlands. In the Highlands, you will reside at Gibbs Farm, one of the oldest working farms in East Africa, which has been converted into an award-winning eco-lodge. While at Gibbs Farm, you may explore over 50 acres of coffee fields, historic gardens, and forest—all on foot. You will also engage in a community development project with a local village.
Schedule by Day
- Dec 26: Depart U.S.
- Dec 27: Arrive Arusha
- Dec 28: Arusha / Eastern Serengeti Ecosystem
- Dec 29: Eastern Serengeti Ecosystem
- Dec 30: Eastern Serengeti Ecosystem / Serengeti National Park
- Dec 31: Serengeti National Park
- Jan 1: Serengeti National Park
- Jan 2: Serengeti National Park / Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Jan 3: Ngorongoro Crater / Ngorongoro Highlands
- Jan 4: Ngorongoro Highlands
- Jan 5: Arusha / Depart
- Jan 6: Arrive U.S.
(Land only price does not include airfare)
- Adult: $9,995
- Teen (12-15 years old): $9,695
- Children (6-11 years old): $8,995
- Single Supplement: $1,000
All prices include $325 per person Tanzania Value Added Tax
- One night at the Arusha Coffee Lodge
- Two nights at the Eastern Serengeti Nyumba
- Three nights at the Private Southern Serengeti Nyumba
- One night at the Ngorongoro Nyumba
- Two nights at Gibb's Farm
Your adventure takes place in some of the most remote regions of northern Tanzania. This tour involves exposure to the outdoors, full days of touring, and some walking (up to 2 hours), often along uneven terrain. This is not an active safari, but you should be in good physical condition in order to enjoy it to the fullest. Wildlife-viewing drives may last up to five hours on bumpy, dusty, and occasionally muddy roads. The drives are minimized with wildlife viewing and/or cultural stops along the way.