Experience the history, arts, and culture of ancient Egypt during an eight-night journey for the whole family. Travel by privately chartered plane, bus, and riverboat to see the inside of one of Giza’s Great Pyramids, view the Sphinx up close, and walk among the towering columns of Luxor’s temples. Learn to interpret some of the hieroglyphics and colorful images still visible on the walls of tombs and temples. In Luxor, board the intimate Sanctuary Nile Adventurer for a four-night cruise to Aswan.
- Celebrate the New Year in an age-old place on a family-friendly journey through Egypt
- View the pyramids, enjoy up-close access to the paws of the Sphinx, and experience a camel ride in legendary Giza
- Explore the treasures of the West Bank of Luxor, including larger-than-life statues and the tombs of King Tutankhamun and other pharaohs
- Learn about the history, arts, and culture of Egypt with a hieroglyphics lesson, henna hand-painting, a cooking class, and storytelling under the stars
- Sail the Nile aboard a privately chartered riverboat from Luxor to Aswan, with stops at the temples of Edfu and Kom Ombo
- Take a special tour of the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, during which young travelers will search for the animals, games, and sports represented in the collection
Schedule by Day
- Dec 26: Depart U.S.
- Dec 27: Arrive Cairo, Egypt
- Dec 28: Giza
- Dec 29: Giza
- Dec 30: Luxor / Embark Sanctuary Nile Adventurer
- Dec 31: Luxor
- Jan 1: Edfu / Kom Ombo
- Jan 2: Aswan
- Jan 3: Disembark / Aswan / Cairo
- Jan 4: Cairo / Return home
Pricing per person, double occupancy:
- Nile Deck / Standard Cabin (106-111): $9,999*
- Main Deck / Standard Cabin (201-208): $10,499
- Bridge Deck / Standard Cabin (301-310): $10,999
- Promenade Deck / Standard Cabin (401-404): $11,999
- Main Deck / Deluxe Cabin (209 & 210): $13,999*
- Promenade Deck / Presidential Suite (405 & 406): $14,999*
Per person single occupancy:
- Nile Deck / Standard Cabin (106-111): $11,499
*A $1,500 discount applies for children ages 15 and under for triple occupancy in select cabins: Staterooms on Nile Deck, Deluxe Cabins on Main Deck, and Presidential Suites on Promenade Deck.
- Three nights at the Conrad Cairo Hotel
- Four nights aboard the Sanctuary Nile Adventurer
- One night at the Heliopolis Towers Hotel in Cairo
This moderately active program includes multiple hotel changes, plus internal flights and/or long drives. Some days are heavily scheduled so that you can see as many of Egypt’s ancient wonders as possible. Travelers should be in good health and fit enough to navigate stairs and walk along uneven terrain. The temperatures during your stay in Egypt should range from the mid-40s to low 70s °F. Egypt is a conservative country, especially in terms of dress. The general dress code is casual with a focus on modest western-style clothing. Women should cover their knees and shoulders in public. During the day we recommend clothing that can be layered to provide warmth in the cool mornings and evenings and removed during the warmer parts of the day. A coat, jacket, or heavy sweater will be useful. It is a good idea to bring a hat for touring in Egypt due to the strong sun. Sunglasses will also be helpful. Comfortable, practical shoes are essential as there will be substantial walking and many floors are uneven, as are the grounds and paths at the sites.