For more than a thousand years, pilgrims have walked the Way of St. James in a hopeful search for penance, enlightenment, and adventure. Their destination was Santiago de Compostela, Spain, where it is believed the remains of St. James, Apostle and patron saint of the country, are buried. We invite you to follow in these peregrinos’ (pilgrims’) footsteps on selective hikes along Europe’s celebrated Camino de Santiago. Admire spectacular monuments, savor fine cuisine, and spend your nights in deluxe hotels and historic paradores (hotels), which include former monasteries. This special journey in the paths of the faithful seekers of Northern Spain promises a trip through history and culture, art and architecture, and the heights of human wonder.
Schedule by Day
- Oct 14: Departure
- Oct 15: Arrive Pamplona, Spain
- Oct 16: Pamplona
- Oct 17: Laguardia
- Oct 18: Laguardia
- Oct 19: Burgos
- Oct 20: Burgos
- Oct 21: León
- Oct 22: León
- Oct 23: Villafranca del Bierzo
- Oct 24: Santiago de Compostela
- Oct 25: Santiago de Compostela
- Oct 26: Return to U.S.
- $6,999 per person double occupancy
- $7,999 single occupancy
- Two nights at the Hotel Maisonnave in Pamplona
- Two nights at the Hotel Villa de Laguardia
- Two nights at the Hotel NH Palacio de la Merced in Burgos
- Two nights at the Parador de León or similar in León
- One night at the Parador de Villafranca del Bierzo
- Two nights at the Hotel Compostela in Santiago de Compstela
Participants must be in good health and able to keep pace with an active group. They must be able to hike for up to six miles a day on uneven terrain; walk and stand for periods of two hours at time; climb stairs at monuments (some without handrails) and other locations not handicapped accessible; and board a motorcoach unassisted. Any condition that may require assistance or special medical attention must be reported at the time of your reservation. For walks on the Camino, participants are advised to bring “broken-in” walking shoes or boots, a sun hat, and comfortable hiking attire.