Join us for this spectacular 14-day journey featuring a nine-night, exclusively chartered cruise to Antarctica, Earth’s last frontier. Experience the natural beauty of the White Continent—fantastically shaped icebergs, turquoise glaciers, bustling penguin rookeries, and breaching whales. Accompanied by the ship’s expert team of naturalists, board Zodiac watercraft for excursions ashore to observe Antarctica’s abundant wildlife. Spend two nights in Buenos Aires, including a tour of Argentina’s vibrant capital city.
Schedule by Day
- Jan 11: Depart the U.S.
- Jan 12: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Jan 13: Buenos Aires
- Jan 14: Buenos Aires / Fly to Ushuaia / Embark ship
- Jan 15: Cruising the Drake Passage
- Jan 16: Drake Passage / Crossing Antarctic Convergence / Neumayer Channel
- Jan 17: Port Lockroy
- Jan 18: Peterman Island / Lemaire Channel
- Jan 19: Neko Harbor / Paradise Bay
- Jan 20: Deception Island / Pendulum Cove / Half Moon Island
- Jan 21: Half Moon Island
- Jan 22: Cruising the Drake Passage
- Jan 23: Ushuaia, Argentina / Disembark ship / Fly to Buenos Aires / Depart for the U.S.
- Jan 24: Arrive in the U.S.
To be announced
- Two nights at the InterContinental Buenos Aires Hotel
- Nine nights aboard an expedition-style ship
Optional Post-Extension: Iguazu Falls
More information coming soon
This is an expedition-type cruise involving shore landings by rubber Zodiac boats. Participants must be able to get in and out of the Zodiacs with minimal assistance. While ashore in Antarctica, the excursions involve a fair amount of walking over rocky, uneven, and sometimes steep terrain. Please be aware that crossing the Drake Passage can be rough and unpredictable. Because of the remoteness of the destination and an absence of shore-side facilities for medical treatment, each participant must have a health statement signed by a physician verifying they are in very good physical condition in order to participate.