Botswana’s government has undertaken decades of conservation efforts, resulting in Botswana being the most highly conserved country in Africa. Here, one can find massive herds of buffalo, a high density of big cats, and close to 1/3 of the entire elephant population on the continent. In the Khwai Concession, embark on a game drive in search of leopards, lions, giraffe, and wildebeest. Continue on to the private Imbabala Concession in Zimbabwe, and watch a large herd of elephant drink from the river as one of Africa’s spectacular sunsets plays out behind them. Journey on to Zimbabwe’s northwest corner, where the mighty Zambezi River forms the border with Zambia. Here one can enjoy the majesty of the river and view Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Finish in the heart of Zambia’s remote and extensive South Luangwa National Park, where a myriad of bird and wildlife awaits, with vast herds of plains game and the predators that follow.
- On safari in Botswana’s Okavango Delta, search for the abundant variety of bird and wildlife including elephant, zebra, giraffe, buffalo, impala, lechwe, kudu, and bushbuck and their predators: lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog and spotted hyena.
- Witness large herds of elephant in South Luangwa National Park, as well as other unique animals like puku, the endemic Thornicroft’s giraffe, Cookson’s wildebeest, wild dog, honey badger, porcupine and civet.
- Marvel at the power and beauty of Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
Schedule by day
- May 14: Depart on an overnight flight to Johannesburg, South Africa
- May 15: Johannesburg
- May 16-18: Khwai Concession
- May 19-21: Imbabala Concession
- May 22: Livingstone (Vitoria Falls)
- May 23-26: South Luangwa National Park
- May 27: Departure / flight home
- May 28: Arrive home
- $9,790 per person based on double occupancy
- $895 Single supplement
Please note, price includes the following internal flights:
May 16: commercial flight from Johannesburg to Maun
May 19: charter flight from Khwai to Kasane
May 23: scheduled flights from Livingstone to Lusaka and Lusaka to Mfuwe
May 27: scheduled flight from Mfuwe to Lusaka; commercial flight from Lusaka to Johannesburg
- 1 night at AtholPlace Hotel in Johannesburg, South Africa
- 3 nights at the Mobile Tented Camp, Khwai Concession, Botswana
- 3 nights at Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge, Imbabala Concession, Zimbabwe
- 1 night at Thorntree River Lodge, Livingstone, Zambia
- 4 nights at the Mfuwe Lodge, South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
Monique and Philip Lehner Professor for the Study of Latin America and Curator in Herpetology
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.