In the Wake of the Vikings on Sea Cloud II
Copenhagen to Edinburgh
Trip Type: By Sea
Ship Size: Up to 80 guests
Price: Starting from $7,995
Activity Level: Moderate
Co-sponsored with: Florida Gulf Coast University, Metropolitan Museum of Art, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Yale Educational Travel
More information coming soon
Sail to Scandianavian and Scottish cities, with their marvelous mix of medieval and modern aboard an elegant four-masted barque at midsummer on this classic cruise. Embarking in Copenhagen, call at Stavanger, with its charming gardens, and view masterpieces at the Bergen Art Museum. Navigate the picturesque Shetland Islands and step ashore at Kirkwall to visit a Neolithic tomb and fishing village. Admire Kirkwall and Aberdeen, concluding in Edinburgh.
- Explore Copenhagen with a canal cruise and stroll through the lively streets.
- View the collections at the Bergen Art Museum.
- Visit the Stones of Stenness and Europe's most impressive Neolithic chambered tomb, Maes Howem dating from 3000 BC.
- Visit Crathes Castle in Aberdeen and the clifftop fortress Dunnotar Castle.
Schedule by Day
- July 10: Depart the U.S. on flights to Copenhagen, Denmark
- July: 11: Copenhagen / Board Sea Cloud II
- July 12: At Sea
- July 13: Kristiansand, Norway
- July 14: Stavanger, Norway
- July 15: At Sea / Bergen, Norway
- July 16: Bergen, Norway
- July 17: At Sea
- July 18: Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland
- July 19: Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Scotland
- July 20: Aberdeen, Scotland
- July 21: Edinburgh, Scotland / Depart for flights to the U.S.
Per person double occupancy
- Cabins 204-206: $7,995
- Cabins 207-210: $9,995
- Cabins 211-217; 224-231: $11,995
- Cabins 218-223: $13,995
- Cabins 301-302: $15,995
- Cabins 303-319: $17,995
- Cabins 401-402: $19,995
- Cabins 204-206: $11,495
- Cabins 207-210: $14,995
- 10 nights aboard the Sea Cloud II
Optional Copenhagen Prelude, July 8-10, 2018
Price to be determined
Optional Edinburgh Postlude, July 21-24, 2018
Price to be determined
Margaret Brooks Robinson Professor of Celtic Languages and Literatures; Chair of the Department of Celtic Languages and Literatures
Mode of Travel
The sailing yacht Sea Cloud II is a three-masted barque steeped in the elegance of yesteryear and complemented with the most modern amenities.
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.