Pearls of Southeast Asia: Vietnam & Cambodia aboard L'Austral
Hong Kong to Saigon
Trip Type: By Sea
Ship Size: Up to 220 passengers
Price: Starting at $9,695 per person (includes flights to/from Los Angeles)
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Co-sponsored with: Columbia, Dartmouth, Duke, Michigan, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Northwestern, University of Pennsylvania
This exclusive nine-night cruise from Hong Kong, “Crossroads of the East,” to vibrant Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) aboard the Five-Star, small ship L’Austral showcases the fascinating treasures of Vietnam and five UNESCO World Heritage sites. Tour dynamic Hanoi, cruise majestic Ha Long Bay, visit the Forbidden Purple City in Hué and admire beautiful architecture in Hôi An. End your tour with two nights in Siem Reap where you'll visit the impressive temple of Angkor Wat.
- Nine-night cruise featuring the scenic beauty, rich culture and history of Vietnam, including the Saigon River, South China Sea and Gulf of Tonkin.
- Visit three UNESCO World Heritage sites—Hôi An, Hué and Ha Long Bay.
- Economy-class air included round trip from Los Angeles to Hong Kong with return from Siem Reap.
- Enjoy a tuk-tuk ride (motor bike drawn carriage) to the intricately carved Khmer ruins at Angkor Wat- one of the world’s most impressive ruins.
Schedule by day
- Oct 18: Depart Los Angeles, U.S.
- Oct 19: Arrive Hong Kong, China / Embark L’Austral
- Oct 20: Cruising the South China Sea
- Oct 21: Haiphong for Hanoi, Vietnam
- Oct 22: Ha Long Bay / Cruising Gulf of Tonkin
- Oct 23: Cruising the South China Sea
- Oct 24: Chan May for Hué / Da Nang
- Oct 25: Da Nang for Hôi An
- Oct 26: Cruising the South China Sea
- Oct 27: Ho Chi Minh City
- Oct 28: Ho Chi Minh City / Disembark ship / Fly to Siem Reap
- Oct 29: Siem Reap / Angkor Wat
- Oct 30: Siem Reap / Angkor Thom
- Oct 31: Depart for U.S.
Per person, double occupancy:
- Category 8: $9,695
- Category 7: $11,395
- Category 6: $11,795 / single occupancy: $19,295
- Category 5: $12,295
- Category 4: $12,795 / Single occupancy: $21,695
- Category 3: $13,195
- Category 2: $13,595
- Category 1: $13,995
- Deluxe Suites: $14,595
- Prestige Suite II: $15,395
- Prestige Suite I: $16,395
- Owners Suite: $18,395
*Economy-class airfare from Los Angeles to Hong Kong, with return from Siem Reap to Los Angeles is included in the cost of the program and applies only to the first and second guests in each stateroom. The air credit is $1,000 per person.
- Nine nights aboard L'Austral
- Two nights at Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor in Siem Reap
Hong Kong Post-Cruise Option
Experience the exciting contrasts and epic drama of Hong Kong, where the present is infused with the past. See Chinese junks and sampans juxtaposed with ocean liners in the harbor, temples and markets tucked below ultramodern high-rises and the interplay of the exotic and the technically advanced. Explore this bustling metropolis and enjoy a scenic sampan ride through the floating village of Aberdeen and a tram ride up to Victoria Peak. Visit the famous Wong Tai Sin Temple, a brilliantly hued Taoist temple known for fortune-telling and granted wishes. Spend two nights in the deluxe InterContinental Hong Kong.
- Per person double occupancy: $1,130
- Single occupancy: $1,830
To be announced
Mode of Travel
Revolutionizing the small ship cruising experience, the deluxe L’Austral features a new generation of unprecedented design, technology and standards in comfort and elegance, and caters to the most discerning passengers.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.