Cruising Tahiti & French Polynesia
Trip Type: By Sea
Ship Size: 148 guests
Price: To be determined
Activity Level: Moderately Active, this carefully planned itinerary allows the chance to enjoy different ports of call at your own pace. During optional excursions, a fair amount of walking is to be expected. Walking excursions can be approximately three hours in length. Optional shore excursions for passengers with limited mobility are offered in most ports of call. Please be advised that the ship will use tender boats to go ashore. Tenders may involve a dry landing (participants step from the tender vessel directly onto land or a dock) or a wet landing (participants step from the tender vessel into knee-deep water and wade ashore).
Co-sponsored with: To be announced
More information coming soon.
Travel through French Polynesia, visit the six Society Islands, and the Tuamotu Archipelago during this seven-night cruise aboard the Wind Spirit and two nights in Papeete, Tahiti. Explore the majestic volcanic peaks rising from emerald green jungles, chalk-white atolls, pristine beaches, and turquoise lagoons that have beckoned travelers, artists, and writers for centuries.
- Dolphin-watching expedition off the coast of Moorea accompanied by a marine biologist.
- Cultural tour of Raiateam a cradle of early Polynesian culture and a favorite destination of Captain Cook.
- Visit to a anilla plantation and black pearl farm on Taha's.
- Traditional Polnesian barbecue lunch on the private motu at Taha'a.
Schedule by day
- Feb 5: Depart the U.S. / Arrive Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands
- Feb 6: Papeete
- Feb 7: Papeete / Embark Wind Spirit
- Feb 8: Cook's Bay, Moorea
- Feb 9: Raiatea / Taha's
- Feb 10: Taha's (Motu Mahana) / Bora Bora
- Feb 11: Bora Bora
- Feb 12: Huahine
- Feb 13: Opunohu Bay, Moorea / Papeete, Tahiti
- Feb 14: Papeete / Disembark ship / Return to U.S.
- Feb 15: Arrive in U.S.
- To be announced
- Seven-night aboard the Wind Spirit
- Two nights at the Five-Star Le Méridien Tahiti, Papeete
- Optional Bora Bora post-program
Smith Professor of French Language and Literature
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.