Greece Spring Break for Students & Alumni
Trip Type: Spring Break
Still accepting scholarship applications!!
Group Size: Up to 30 guests
Price: Starting at $1,795 Harvard College students / $2,295 Harvard Graduate students & Young Alumni / $2,895 Alumni
Activity Level: Moderately Active
A note about HAA Spring Break Trips: HAA spring break trips are specially designed for Harvard students and alumni to travel together. They provide meaningful and accessible travel opportunities to students and expose alumni travelers to the Harvard College students of today. Special rates are available for all Harvard University students, and there are travel scholarship opportunities for current Harvard College students (the HAA collaborates with the Financial Aid Office to establish need). A diverse audience of students, alumni, and expert leaders enlivens discussion and educational exchange.
Uncover classical Greece through its most important archaeological sites on this annual spring break favorite designed for Harvard students and alumni. In Athens, visit the Acropolis and the Ancient Agora, and enjoy an overview of Greek history at the National Archaeological Museum and the new Acropolis Museum. Imagine the world of Homer by visiting Mycenae and experiencing the magic of the Oracle of Apollo in Delphi. Explore the mystery of Byzantium and the Eastern Orthodox Church. Enjoy exclusive access to the Harvard Hellenic Center in Nafplion, and learn about current work by Harvard students and professors.
Schedule by Day
- Mar 11: Depart USA on an overnight flight
- Mar 12: Arrive Athens / Welcome dinner
- Mar 13: Athens / Visit the National Archaeological Museum and the New Acropolis Museum
- Mar 14: Visit the Acropolis of Athens / Continue to Nafplion, home of Harvard’s Center for Hellenic Studies in Greece / Reception and lecture at the center
- Mar 15: Visit the sites of Mycenae and Epidaurus / Afternoon of leisure time
- Mar 16: Drive along the scenic coastal road to Corinth / Overnight in Arachova
- Mar 17: Delphi and the sanctuary of Apollo / Visit the 11th century Monastery of Hosios Loukas, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Mar 18: Athens / Sail to the island of Aegina to visit the Temple of Athena Aphaea / Return to Piraeus and enjoy a farewell dinner in Athens
- Mar 19: Depart for USA
(Land only–price does not include airfare)
Harvard College Student:
$1,795 per person double occupancy
Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime Harvard student
Harvard Graduate Student & Young Alumni:
$2,295 per person double occupancy
Must be currently enrolled as a fulltime Harvard graduate student or an alum of Harvard College classes of 2011-2015.
$2,895 per person double occupancy
Special rate for Harvard Alumni
Single supplement: $450
- One night at Hotel Likoria in Arachova
- Two nights at the Grand Sarai in Nafplion
- Four nights at Hotel Herodion in Athens
Francis Jones Professor of Classical Greek Literature and Professor of Comparative Literature; Senior Fellow of the Society of Fellows; Director of the Center for Hellenic Studies; Honorary Associate and Former Master of Currier House
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.