Waterways of the Tsars on Volga Dream
Moscow to St. Petersburg
Trip Type: By River
Group Size: Up to 80 guests
Price: Starting at $6,995 per person
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Co-Sponsors: Metropolitan Museum of Art, National Trust for Historic Preservation, and Yale Educational Travel
Sail into the heartland of Russia on a classic cruise along the mighty Volga River, stepping ashore in golden ring towns few Americans have visited. From Moscow, embark on an eight-night voyage aboard the elegant Volga Dream. Call at Uglich, founded a thousand years ago, to hear an a cappella choir inside a 15th-century church. Visit two medieval monasteries in Goritsy and explore the magical island of Kizhy. Enjoy stunning scenery as you cross Europe’s largest freshwater lake to arrive in St. Petersburg for a three-day finale during the White Nights, when the evening sky never darkens. Enter Catherine Palace, see a ballet performance at the renowned Mariinsky Theatre, and tour the Hermitage Museum when it is closed to the public. You may also choose a canal cruise past the city’s beautiful pastel palaces, or a visit to the newly opened Fabergé Museum. Onboard classes in Russian language and cuisine will add to the pleasures of this voyage. Optional Moscow prelude.
- Visit the famous Golden Ring cities surrounding Moscow.
- At the Crown Jewels Treasury, see the crown of the Russian Empire and the riches of the Romanov Imperial dynasty.
- See the stellar collections of the Pushkin Museum and Tretyakov Galleries.
Schedule by Day
- Jun 8: Depart U.S. for Moscow
- Jun 9: Moscow / Board Volga Dream
- Jun 10: Uglich
- Jun 11: Goritsy
- Jun 12: Kizhy
- Jun 13: Svir River Cruise
- Jun 14: St. Petersburg
- Jun 15: St. Petersburg
- Jun 16: St. Petersburg
- Jun 17: St. Petersburg / Return to U.S.
- Standard Single Cabins (325, 326, 410): $6,995
- Cabin Deck (101-108): $6,995
- Main Deck (201-210): $7,995
- Promenade Deck (301-315, 317-324): $8,995
- Sun Deck (406-409, 411, 412): $9,295
- Junior Suites (316 & 405): $9,995
- Junior Suites on the Sun Deck (402-404): $10,995
- Owner's Suite (300): $12,995
- 8 nights aboard the Volga Dream
Moscow Pre-Program Option
June 5-9, 2017
$2,450 per person double occupancy
$395 single supplement
Senior Preceptor in Music, Emeritus
Mode of Travel
Cruise Russia's historic waterways in comfort and style aboard the five-star riverboat Volga Dream
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.