Cruising the Rivieras and Islands of Italy, France & Spain
Cruise for seven nights from Rome to Barcelona aboard the exclusively chartered, small ship m.y. Variety Voyager, featuring only 36 all ocean-view cabins. Visit up to five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Carcassonne’s medieval fortifications and the postcard cliffside villages of Italy’s Cinque Terre. Explore Corsica’s fortified town of Bonifacio and Sardinia’s dazzling Costa Smeralda. Visit either Florence or Pisa. Along the enchanting Côte d’Azur, enjoy specially arranged excursions in Monte Carlo, Marseilles, and St. Tropez.
- Excursion to Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with visits to the Musée des Beaux Arts and Romanesque Abbey of Fontfroide.
- Walking tour of Aix-en-Provence, featuring the Mazarin District, old Aix, the Old Town Hall, the famous Cours Mirabeau and St. Sauveur Cathedral.
- Walking tour in Monte Carlo, the epitome of French Riviera chic, and visit to St. Nicholas Cathedral, where Princess Grace is interred.
- Choice of a full-day excursion to Florence, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, featuring visits to the octagonal Baptistery and the Galleria dell’Accademia to see Michaelangelo’s David, or a full-day excursion to the Tuscan cities of Pisa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Lucca.
Schedule by day
- Oct 14: Depart the U.S.
- Oct 15: Arrive in Rome, Italy / Civitavecchia / Embark Variety Voyager
- Oct 16: Golfo Aranci, Costa Smeralda, Sardinia/ Bonifacio, Corsica, France
- Oct 17: Livorno, Italy for Florence or Pisa and Lucca
- Oct 18: Porto Venere for Cinque Terre / Portofino
- Oct 19: St. Tropez, France / Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Oct 20: Marseilles, France, for Aix-en-Provence
- Oct 21: Port-la-Nouvelle for Carcassonne
- Oct 22: Barcelona, Spain / Disembark ship / Return to the U.S.
Per person double occupancy:
- Category 5: $6,995
- Category 4: $8,195
- Category 3: $8,795
- Category 2: $9,195
- Category 1: $9,295
- Owner's Suite: $10,195
- Category 3: $12,595
- Category 2: $13,595
- Seven nights aboard the Variety Voyager
Rome Pre-Cruise Option
The “Eternal City” of Rome, a UNESCO World Heritage site and capital of the ancient Roman Empire, showcases the magnificent landmarks from its centuries as a center of power, culture and religion and is the ideal prelude to your cruise. See the city’s ancient monuments, including the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Church of St. Peter in Chains, which houses Michelangelo’s incredible sculpture of Moses. Enjoy a tour of St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel. Accommodations: Two nights in the deluxe Westin Excelsior in Rome.
Per person double occupancy: $1,095
Single occupancy: $1,595
Barcelona Post-Cruise Option
Experience the heart of Barcelona, the capital city of Catalonia and once an ancient Roman trading port. Enjoy a city tour featuring the original Old Town, the exciting Barri Gótic (Gothic Quarter) with its Roman walls, the Catalan Government Palace and the Passeig de Grácia, Barcelona’s famous main thoroughfare. Visit architect Antoni Gaudí’s extraordinary Basílica de la Sagrada Família, a UNESCO World Heritage site. In the Penedés region—home of cava, Spain’s acclaimed sparking wine—tour Codorníu, one of the largest underground wine cellars in the world, and visit the Benedictine monastery and 16th-century basilica on the multi-peaked mountain of Montserrat.
Accommodations: Two nights in the deluxe Majestic Hotel & Spa in Barcelona.
Per person double occupancy: $995
Single occupancy: $1,495
Morton B. Knafel Professor of Music
Mode of Travel
The exclusively chartered state-of-the-art vessel offers an authentic coastal cruise experience and the capability to cruise into smaller ports and inlets inaccessible to larger ships.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.