Prague to the Swiss Alps on Royal Crown
Danube, Main & Rhine Rivers
This unique itinerary is book-ended by two of Europe’s most memorable destinations—Prague and the Swiss Alps—connected by a scenic river journey aboard the intimate Royal Crown from Regensburg to Basel, cruising the Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers as well as the Main-Danube Canal. October is one of the loveliest times in Middle Europe when the forests and vineyards are alive with red and gold foliage. Romantic old-world villages set among winding rivers, vineyards and rolling hills are juxtaposed with cities emblematic of a rapidly transforming new Europe: the rebirth of Prague since the fall of the Iron Curtain; Nuremberg’s courthouse, the site of historic trials following WWII; and Strasbourg, where the European Parliament makes important decisions about the future.
- Visit six UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the historic centers of Prague, Bamberg, and Strasbourg; the Würzburg Residenz; the Upper Middle Rhine Valley; and Speyer Cathedral.
- Enjoy a private welcome evening at a beautiful ancestral palace near Prague, and a grand finale at the Victoria Jungfrau Hotel, with a dramatic setting in the Swiss Alps.
- Private musical performances in memorable settings—the Bamberg String Quartet in the city’s historic residence, a recital on Amorbach’s famous Baroque organ, and a concert on board by a top local pianist.
- Tour the courthouse in Nuremberg, site of the war crimes trials, and hear a guest lecture on European affairs in Strasbourg, home of the European Parliament.
Schedule By Day
- Oct 12: Depart U.S. on overnight flight to Prague, Czech Republic
- Oct 13: Arrive Prague / reception and dinner in Lobkowicz Castle
- Oct 14: Prague
- OCt 15: Prague
- Oct 16: Regensburg, Germany / embark Royal Crown
- Oct 17: Nuremberg
- Oct 18: Bamberg
- Oct 19: Wurzburg
- Oct 20: Miltenberg
- Oct 21: Rüdeshe,im
- Oct 22: Heidelberg / Speyer
- Oct 23: Strasbourg, France
- Oct 24: Interlaken, Switzerland / disembark Royal Crown
- Oct 25: Interlaken
- Oct 26: Depart for U.S.
- Junior suite: $7,995 double / $12,795 single occupancy
- Superior suite: $8,495 double / $13,595 single occupancy
- Deluxe suite: $8,995 double / $15,295 single occupancy
- Premium suite: $9,995 double
- Royal suite: $12,995 double
- 3 nights at the InterContinental in Prague
- 8 nights aboard Royal Crown
- 2 nights at the Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa, Interlaken
AM ’59, PhD ’63; Visiting Scholar at Harvard’s Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies
Mode of Travel
Explore some of Europe's most beautiful cities aboard this sophisticated river cruiser, which combines luxury furnishings with an intimate ambience.
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.