New Zealand by Sea Aboard Caledonian Sky
Trip Type: By Sea
Group Size: 94 aboard Caledonian Sky
Price: Starting from $8,990 per person double occupancy
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Co-sponsored with: Dartmouth, MIT, National Trust Tours, Princeton, Yale Educational Travel
New Zealand is a spectacular country of striking contrasts. Isolated from other land masses by the swells of the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean, it is a world unto itself. Its dramatic glacial fiords, bubbling mud pots, tidy English gardens, and untamed wilderness, tattooed Maori elders, and white-suited lawn bowlers offer incomparable variety. Sometimes called “God’s own country,” New Zealand offers refuge to some of the planet’s rarest animal species. Cruising aboard the all-suite expedition ship Caledonian Sky, enjoy up-close access to the towering granite cliffs and tumbling waterfalls of Doubtful and Milford Sounds and remote Stewart Island.
- Observe some of the world’s rarest wildlife in their natural settings, including the Royal Albatross and Yellow-Eyed Penguin.
- Marvel at active geothermal pools, sheer cliffs punctuated by crashing waterfalls, and native species on naturalist-led Zodiac expeditions.
- On board Caledonian Sky, access remote Dusky and Doubtful Sounds plus seldom-visited Stewart Island, New Zealand’s newest national park.
- Experience a private Maori welcome ceremony, including tribal dances, and see bubbling thermal mud pools in Rotorua.
- At Christchurch, headquarters for “Operation Deep Freeze,” visit the unique Hall of Antarctic Discovery.
Schedule by Day
- Jan 4-5: Depart U.S. / Cross International Date Line
- Jan 6: Auckland, New Zealand
- Jan 7: Auckland / Embark on Caledonian Sky
- Jan 8: Tauranga for Rotorua
- Jan 9: At Sea
- Jan 10: Wellington
- Jan 11: Marlborough Sounds
- Jan 12: Lyttelton for Christchurch
- Jan 13: Dunedin
- Jan 14: Stewart Island
- Jan 15: Doubtful & Dusky Sounds
- Jan 16: Milford Sound
- Jan 17: Queenstown / Home
Pricing per person, double occupancy:
- Category A: $8,990
- Category B: $10,490
- Category C: $11,990
- Category D: $12,490
- Category E: $12.990
- Category F: $13,990
- Category G, Owner’s Balcony Suite: $14,990
- Category B: $16,790
- Category C: $18,990
- 2 nights at Millenium Hotel, Auckland
- 9 nights aboard Caledonian Sky
Optional Queenstown 1-Night Post-Cruise Extension
January 17-18, 2018
- Per person, double occupancy: $590
- Single Supplement: $170
Optional Sydney 3-Night Post-Cruise Extension
January 18-21, 2018
- Per person, double occupancy: $1,790
- Single Supplement: $500
George Martin Lane Professor of the Classics
Richard Thomas will lecture on: Early settlers of New Zealand, Growing up/boyhood sailing the NZ seas in an age of innocence, New Zealand poets and how New Zealand shaped them, Maori mythologies and classical counterpoints, Flora and Fauna of New Zealand.
Mode of Travel
With an intimate ambiance, the Caledonian Sky is perfect for exploring.
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.