Netherlands by Barge on Magnifique II
Amsterdam to Bruges
Journey by barge along meandering rivers and canals from the Dutch capital to Belgium’s artistic gem, Bruges. Begin in Amsterdam with a tour of the Rijksmuseum, the State Treasury of Dutch paintings, before boarding the Magnifique II. Cruise to Vianen and see picturesque Kinderdijk, famous for its impressive windmills. Admire the architecture in Rotterdam and the collection of Dutch Masters in The Hague’s Mauritshuis Museum. In Dendermonde, sample local beers and wines produced by the St. Peter and Paul Abbey. Conclude in Bruges, visiting the Cathedral of Our Lady to see Michelango's celebrated Madonna and view the collections at the Hans Memling Museum.
- Visits to the Rijksmuseum, national heritage Kinderdijk windmills, and a traditional brewery
- Explore Delft, a city with close ties to the Dutch Royal family and the renowned painter Johannes Vermeer
- In Ghent, discover the 12th-century Gravensteen castle and the famed Adoration of the Mystic Lamb (Ghent Altarpiece) by the Van Eyck brothers
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed historical center of Bruges
Schedule by Day
- Sept 28: Depart U.S.
- Sept 29: Arrive in Amsterdam / Embark on Magnifique II
- Sept 30: Vianen/ Dordrecht
- Oct 1: Dordrecht/ Antwerp, Belgium
- Oct 2: Antwerp/ Dendermonde
- Oct 3: Dendermonde/ Ghent
- Oct 4: Ghent/ Bruges
- Oct 5: Bruges
- Oct 6: Depart
- To be announced
- 7 nights aboard Magnifique II
Optional Amsterdam Extension
Dates to be announced
Spend a few art-filled days in and around the charming Dutch city of Amsterdam. Discover the Rembrandt House Museum, where the artist lived and worked from 1639 to 1658, and the treasures of the Van Gogh Museum, housing the world’s largest collection of his paintings and drawings. Admire an impressive painting collection in a private home. Visit the Keukenhof Gardens, where over a million flowering bulbs provide a vast carpet of color, and the floating flower market.
Accommodations: 3 nights at the Hotel Pulitzer
To be announced
Mode of Travel
Magnifique II is a newly constructed wide barge that is equipped with tasteful furnishes, a restaurant, bar, and lounge, and offers guests a relaxing floating luxury hotel.
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.