Trip Type: By Land
Group Size: Up to 24 guests
Price: To be determined
Activity Level: Moderately Active. Requires 1-3 miles of walking throughout each day, some days can be very long. Please note that road conditions in India are poor. There are several lengthy coach rides which involve bumpy unpaved roads – particularly following monsoon season. Dusty roads and air pollution in India can make breathing difficult for those with respiratory issues. You should be in good health to enjoy this trip to the fullest.
More information coming soon.
Begin the tour exploring both Old Delhi and New Delhi. Continue to the “pink city” of Jaipur and enjoy a home-hosted dinner with a local Rajasthan family. Next, embark on game drives through Ranthambore Tiger Preserve to search for elusive Bengal tigers and other wildlife. Travel to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Attend a traditional aarti offering ceremony on the Ganges River in the holy city of Varanasi, conclude your trip by witnessing Hindu pilgrims performing traditional rituals on the ghats (steps) leading to the river.
- Enjoy a home-hosted dinner with a local family in legendary Jaipur offering a unique vantage point into the lifestyle of a Rajasthan family.
- Embark on game drives through Ranthambore National Park to search for the elusive Bengal tigers and other wildlife on this land that was once a royal hunting ground.
- Attend a traditional aarti offering ceremony on a cruise along the Ganges River in the holy city of Varanasi.
Schedule by day:
- Oct 11: Depart the U.S. for Delhi, India
- Oct 12: Arrive in Delhi
- Oct 13: Delhi
- Oct 14: Delhi
- Oct 15: Delhi / Jaipur
- Oct 16: Jaipur
- Oct 17: Jaipur / Sanganer
- Oct 18: Jaipur / Ranthambore
- Oct 19: Ranthambore
- Oct 20: Ranthambore / Kalakho
- Oct 21: Kalakho / Abhaneri / Agra
- Oct 22: Agra
- Oct 23: Agra / Delhi / Varanasi
- Oct 24: Varanasi
- Oct 25: Varanasi / Sarnath
- Oct 26: Varanasi / Delhi
- Oct 27: Return to the U.S.
- To be determined
- 3 nights at Taj Palace, Delhi
- 3 nights at Jai Mahal Palace, Jaipur
- 2 nights at Taj Sawai Madhopur Lodge, Ranthambore
- 1 night at Dera Village Retreat, Kalakho
- 2 nights at Courtyard Marriott Agra
- 3 nights at Taj Gateway Ganges, Varanasi
- 1 night at Crowne Plaza Gurgaon
Post-Tour Extension in Nepal
October 26 – 31, 2017
To be announced
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.