Machu Picchu to the Galápagos
Journey to Machu Picchu, the legendary “Lost City” of the Incas perched in a high saddle surrounded by Andes peaks. Enjoy a meal in the home of a local family in Cuzco before traveling to Quito, Ecuador’s capital and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Then, set out on your Galápagos adventure, where Darwin’s finches and the iconic giant Galápagos tortoises await you. Snorkel in turquoise waters teeming with puffers and angel fish. Immerse yourself in the secluded white-sand beaches, mangrove trees, and volcanic rock formations where a spectacular array of marine and terrestrial wildlife make their homes on these islands.
- Visit Machu Picchu, the legendary “Lost City” of the Incas.
- Tour the Inca Empire’s former capital and the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city, Cuzco. Wander the beautiful streets and admire Cuzco's crafts stalls and enjoy lunch hosted by a local family.
- Observe the abundant wildlife, colorful Sesuvium ground cover and cacti, turquoise waters, and black lava-rimmed beaches of the Galápagos islands.
- Cruise to the calm waters off Bachas Beach, one of the Galápagos’ primary sea turtle nesting sites.
Schedule by Day
- Jun 19: Depart U.S / Arrive Lima, Peru
- Jun 20: Lima
- Jun 21: Lima / Cuzco / Sacred Valley
- Jun 22: Sacred Valley
- Jun 23: Sacred Valley/ Machu Picchu
- Jun 24: Machu Picchu / Cuzco
- Jun 25: Cuzco
- Jun 26: Cuzco / Lima/ Quito
- Jun 27: Quito
- Jun 28: Quito / Baltra/ Santa Cruz Island
- Jun 29: North Seymour Island / Bachas Beach
- Jun 30: South Plaza Island / Punta Carrion
- Jul 1: Santa Cruz Island
- Jul 2: Santa Cruz Island / Baltra / Quito
- Jul 3: Quito / Depart for U.S.
- Jul 4: Arrive US
- *$9,393 - per person air inclusive from Miami ($8,695 air & land inclusive plus $698 airline taxes and fees)
- *$9,893 - per person air inclusive from Boston, NYC, or Washington, DC ($9,195 air & land inclusive plus $698 airline taxes and fees)
- *$8,995 - per person land only
- *$2,495 - single supplement
*Please note, pricing for this tour is tentative
- 2 nights at the Westin Lima Hotel
- 2 nights at the Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel
- 1 night at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge
- 2 nights at the Belmond Hotel Monasterio
- 3 nights at the Swissotel Quito
- 4 nights at the Royal Palm Hotel Galápagos
Amazon Rainforest Pre-Tour Option
June 15-19, 2018
- Jun 15: Depart U.S. /Arrive Lima, Peru
- Jun 16: Lima / Iquitos / Ceiba Tops
- Jun 17: Ceiba Tops
- Jun 18: Ceiba Tops / Canopy Walkway Excursion
- Jun 19: Ceiba Tops/ Iquitos / Lima
Pricing for extension
- *$1,195 - Per person double occupancy
- *$1,295 - Per person land only
- *$235 - Single supplement
*Please note, pricing for this extension is tentative
Professor Emeritus of Health Policy and Management
Adjunct Professor of Global Health and Population, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Lecture topics might include: Neo-Evolution: Promise and Perils of Human-Guided Evolution; Evolution and Medicine: Survival, Natural Selection and Human Health; European Diseases and the New World; and Global Travelers:Couriers and Sentinels of Disease.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.