Portrait of Italy
From the breathtaking Amalfi Coast to eternal Rome, through the gentle Umbrian and Tuscan countryside to timeless Venice, this wide-ranging tour showcases ancient sites, contemporary life, priceless art, and beautiful natural scenery. Stay in unique accommodations in the Tuscan countryside and a medieval village.
- Enjoy the breathtaking drive along the winding Amalfi Coast high above the azure Mediterranean – with stops for photos and in Sorrento along the way.
- Tour the heart of ancient Rome: the 55,000-seat Colosseum, built in 72 CE to stage gladiator spectacles; and the temples of the Forum, ancient Rome’s political and legal center.
- Visit Assisi, considered a gem of the Umbrian town with inviting plazas, abundant flowers, buildings of white marble, and a pervasive medieval air. Visit St. Clare Church and the renowned Basilica di San Francesco, the burial place of St. Francis and a sacred pilgrimage site.
- Explore classic Tuscany and visit the hill town of San Gimignano, known for the 13 watchtowers that have left its skyline virtually unchanged since medieval times.
Schedule by Day
- Sept 13: Depart U.S. on overnight flight to Naples, Italy
- Sept 14: Arrive Naples / transfer to Amalfi
- Sept 15: Amalfi / Ravello
- Sept 16: Pompeii / Amalfi Coast / Sorrento
- Sept 17: Amalfi / Montecassino / Rome
- Sept 18: Rome
- Sept 19: Rome
- Sept 20: Rome / Umbria
- Sept 21: Orvieto
- Sept 22: Orvieto / Assisi
- Sept 23: Orvieto / Perugia / Siena
- Sept 24: Siena / Florence
- Sept 25: Tuscany / San Gimignano / Chianti Region
- Sept 26: Siena / Venice
- Sept 27: Venice
- Sept 28: Depart for U.S.
To be determined.
- 3 nights at the Marmorata Hotel in Salerno
- 3 nights at the Empire Palace Hotel in Rome
- 3 nights at the Grand Hotel Italia in Orvieto
- 4 nights at the Hotel Villa Lecchi in Siena
- 2 nights at the Carnival Palace Hotel in Venice
Optional Venice Post Extension
Accommodations at the Carnival Palace Hotel additional information is forthcoming.
To be announced
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.