Tibet, Nepal, & Bhutan
Your journey to Tibet, the “rooftop of the world,” begins with a flight from Beijing to Lhasa, where colorful prayer wheels, exotic bazaars, golden Buddhas, and iconic chortens abound. Next, view the Himalayas and famed Mount Everest by air, en route to Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital. See splendid stupas, pagodas, and palaces that reflect the city’s nearly 2,000-year history. From there, fly to Bhutan to trek to the sacred Taktsang Monastery, which clings to the side of a cliff at an altitude of 10,000 feet (and 2,000 feet above the valley below); enjoy colorful Bhutanese folk dances; and explore the spectacular winter fortress Punakha Dzong.
- View the Himalayas by air with over one hundred awe-inspiring peaks, including Everest!
- Hike to see the famous Taktsang Monastery, a place so holy that all Bhutanese try to visit it at least once in their lifetimes.
- Enjoy privileged access to local dignitaries and enter religious sites not open to outsiders.
Schedule by Day (tentative itinerary)
- May 27: Depart the U.S. for Beijing
- May 28: Beijing, China
- May 29: Beijing
- May 30: Beijing / Lhasa, Tibet
- May 31: Lhasa
- June 1: Lhasa
- June 2: Lhasa/ Kathmandu, Nepal
- June 3: Kathmandu / Paro / Thimphu, Bhutan
- June 4: Thimphu
- June 5: Thimphu / Punakha
- June 6: Punakha
- June 7: Punakha / Paro
- June 8: Paro
- June 9: Paro / Bangkok, Thailand
- June 10: Depart Bangkok for the U.S. on return flights
- Per person, double occupancy: $12,990
- Per person, single occupancy $15,590
- 2 nights at the Fairmont Beijing Hotel
- 3 nights at the St. Regis Hotel in Lhasa
- 1 night at the Dwarika’s Hotel in Kathmandu
- 2 nights at Le Meridien Hotel in Thimphu
- 2 nights at the Kunzang Zhing Hotel in Punakha
- 2 nights at the Zhiwa Ling Hotel in Paro
- Day room at the Airport Novotel Suvarnabhumi Hotel in Bangkok
Former US Ambassador to Croatia
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.