South Africa Expedition
Trip Type: By Land
Group Size: 15-36 guests
Price: $8,495 DOUBLE / $11,495 SINGLE
Activity Level: No experience is required, but in order to fully enjoy the trip’s activities, trip participants should be reasonably fit, in good health, and have a spirit of adventure.
Join fellow alumni and friends on an adventure through South Africa. Visit South Africa’s most sought-after destinations: Cape Town, the Cape of Good Hope, the Cape Winelands and a private game reserve near Kruger National Park, in an incredibly diverse, yet compact, travel experience. This unforgettable journey through South Africa provides a unique combination of magnificent wildlife viewing and the scenic beauty and cosmopolitan vigor of Cape Town and its environs.
Begin your journey in Cape Town at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Explore Cape Town and reach the top of Table Mountain by cable car. Take a ferry to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years. Drive along the Cape Peninsula to the Cape of Good Hope. Next, enjoy time at leisure in the Cape Winelands, following the Cape Town wine route for wine-tasting, and admire the Cape Dutch architecture of the towns of Franschhoek and Stellenbosch.
End your journey with three days of wildlife viewing in one of South Africa’s finest private reserves, Sabi Sabi Game Reserve. While on safari, marvel at the “big five” – lion, leopard, cape buffalo, rhino and elephant, and spot other great African wildlife from open safari vehicles. Go on walking safaris into the bush in the company of experienced rangers and trackers, and relax in the luxury one of South Africa’s finest safari lodges on this exclusive journey. Fly home from Johannesburg.
- Explore Cape Town with visits to the top of Table Mountain and Robben Island. Drive along one of the world’s most scenic coastal routes to the Cape of Good Hope and watch the penguins at Boulders Beach.
- Travel to the Cape Winelands and enjoy a full day of wine tasting in this picturesque region.
- Enjoy three days of wildlife viewing in one of South Africa’s finest private reserves, looking for the “big five” – lion, leopard, cape buffalo, rhino and elephant.
Schedule by Day
- Sept 3: Depart home, fly to South Africa
- Sept 4: Arrive in Cape Town
- Sept 5: Cape Town
- Sept 6: Cape of Good Hope / Cape Winelands
- Sept 7: Cape Winelands
- Sept 8: Cape Winelands / Sabi Sabi Game Reserve
- Sept 9: Sabi Sabi Game Reserve
- Sept 10: Sabi Sabi Game Reserve
- Sept 11: Sab Sabi Game Reserve / Johannesburg / Depart for home
- Sept 12: Arrive home
- Check Payment: $8,495 double occupancy / $3,000 single supplement
- Credit Card Payment: $8,845 double occupancy / $3,000 single supplement
- 2 nights Cape Grace Hotel in Cape Town
- 2 nights Franschhoek Country House and Villas in Cape Winelands
- 3 nights Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge in Sabi Sabi Game Reserve