Discover the enchanting mix that is Morocco: walled clay villages and ornate palaces behind grand tiled gates, colorful medinas lined with rows of exotic spices, and Berber families carrying on ancient ways of life high in the mountains. Wander the narrow alleyways of Casablanca, Rabat, and Fés, exploring their lively bazaars and medinas; stay in authentic riyads; and camp out in the dunes of the Sahara under a blanket of stars. End in Marrakech, once a stop on the ancient caravan routes, and still infused with the magic of a cultural crossroads.
- See celebrated UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Rabat, Volubilis, Meknes, the Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou, and the Medinas of Marrakesh and Fés.
- Immerse yourself in Berber culture, influenced by Islamic, African, and European traditions.
- Explore the shifting sands of the Sahara. Embark on an iconic camel trek as the setting sun washes the dunes in stunning shades of orange and gold.
Schedule by day
- April 26: Depart home, fly to Morocco
- April 27: Casablanca, Morocco / Rabat
- April 28: Rabat
- April 29: Rabat / Volubilis / Meknes Fés
- April 30: Fés
- May 1: Fés / Midelt / Erfoud
- May 2: Erfoud / Merzouga
- May 3: Merzouga / Tinghir / Todra Gorges / Ouarzazate
- May 4: Ourzazate / Aït Benhaddou / Marrakech
- May 5: Marrakech
- May 6: Marrakech
- May 7: Marrakech / Depart for home
- Check payment: $7,995 double occupancy / $3,000 single supplement
- Credit card payment: $8,295 double occupancy / $3,000 single supplement
- 2 nights Villa Mandarine in Rabat
- 2 nights Riad Maison Bleue in Fés
- 1 night Auberge Café du Sud in Erfoud
- 1 night Merzouga Tented Camp in Merzouga
- 1 night Le Berbère Palace in Ouarzazate
- 3 nights La Sultana in Marrakech
Associate of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.