Kilimanjaro Trek & Wildlife Safari
Paced appropriately for comfort and acclimatization, this journey up Kilimanjaro will follow the Machame route, summiting the “Roof of Africa” after six days of intensive, rewarding trekking. Afterwards, view the diverse animal and plant life in Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area. This adventure is an experience steeped in both cultural exploration and wildlife immersion.
Schedule by Day
- Jun 14: Depart U.S.
- Jun 15: Arrive in Tanzania
- Jun 16: Arusha Cultural Walking Tour
- Jun 17: Machame Trail Head to Machame Camp
- Jun 18: Machame Camp to Shira Camp
- Jun 19: Shira Camp to Barranco Camp
- Jun 20: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
- Jun 21: Karanga to Kosovo Camp
- Jun 22: Uhuru Peak / Summit Day
- Jun 23: Low Camp to Mweka Gate
- Jun 24 - 25: Trek Only depart on June 24 / Kilimanjaro Community Project
- Jun 26: Ngorongoro Conservation Area / Ngorongoro Crater
- Jun 27: Ngorongoro Crater to Serengeti National Park
- Jun 28: Seregeti National Park
- Jun 29: Serengeti Drive to Arusha / Depart
Guests may choose to do the Full Program (Trek + Safari) or the Trek Only.
- Trek + Safari: $11,695* per person, double occupancy / $995 single supplement
- Trek Only: $6,995** per person, double occupancy / $395 single supplement
*Does not include $220 Value Added Tax imposed by the Tanzania government as of July 1, 2016
**Does not include $160 Value Added Tax imposed by the Tanzania government as of July 1, 2016
- 3 nights at Rivertrees Country Inn in Arusha
- 2 nights at Kia Lodge or similar in Arusha
- 1 day room at Kia Lodge in Arusha
- 7 nights in World Wide Trekking Kilimanjaro camps (3-person, four-season, The North Face tents, with 2 guests per tent)
- 3 nights in luxurious Safari Lodges
- Rwanda Gorilla Tracking (4 days/3 nights)
- Zanzibar Island (4 days/3 nights)
Professor of the History of Science and Affiliated Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Check out a recent Harvard Magazine article on Naomi Oreskes: How to Write about Science.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.