HBS Alaska Air Safari
The Very Best of the Last Frontier
Join HBS to explore Alaska’s top wilderness areas and wildlife sanctuaries, traveling conveniently and efficiently by float plane and helicopter while staying in the two best wilderness lodges in the state for activities and gourmet dining. Your air safari will take you from the slopes of Denali to a bear reserve at Redoubt Bay. Observe a fascinating diversity of wildlife from the marine mammals on the coast (seals, sea lions, whales, orcas) to the charismatic mega-fauna in the interior (moose, caribou, grizzlies, wolves, foxes). Experience Alaska to the fullest with activities such as flightseeing, hiking, flyfishing, kayaking, snowshoeing or dog sledding. At the luxurious Winterlake and Tutka Bay Lodges, pamper yourself with complimentary massages, cooking classes, wine tastings, yoga and garden tours. Winterlake Lodge includes a cooking school with Cordon Bleu chef Kirsten Dixon.
- An after-hours private visit at the Anchorage Museum with a museum curator.
- Mt. McKinley flightseeing and transportation around Alaska by float plane and helicopter.
- Wildlife watching and fishing at Redoubt Bay and the surrounding environs of Winterlake and Tutka Bay Lodges.
- A full menu of activities and classes at Winterlake and Tutka Bay Lodges, including wildlife viewing; helicopter adventures to Canyon Creek for fly fishing; Winterlake Lodge’s glacier camp in the Tordrillo Mountain area for glacier dog sledding, snowshoeing, sledding trekking and hiking; a cruise departing Tutka Bay Lodge to view the glaciers and marine wildlife of nearby Kachemak Bay.
Schedule by Day
- June 10: Fly to Anchorage / Check in Captain Cook Hotel
- June 11: Mt. McKinley / Winterlake Lodge
- June 12-13: Helicopter adventure to Canyon Creek / Wildlife viewing / Activities such as fly fishing and dog sledding
- June 14: Redoubt Bay / Tutka Bay
- June 15-16: Explore wildlife and glaciers of Kachemak Bay / Enjoy activities such as yoga, hiking, cooking classes. and kayaking / Optional: Deep sea fishing at an additional cost
- June 17: Depart for Anchorage for flights home
- $17,695 per person, double occupancy
- 1 night at Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage
- 3 nights at Winterlake Lodge
- 3 nights at Tutka Bay Lodge
Chair of the U.S. Arctic Research Commission
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.