Greece: A Family Odyssey on Running on Waves
Land of Mighty Conquests and Mythical Heroes
Known as the “Cradle of Western Civilization,” Greece is one of the best destinations in the world for a family educational cruise/tour. Athens and Greece’s Peloponnese Peninsula deliver an enticing blend of history, diverse cultural influences, stunning natural beauty, and archaeological treasures. From Athens, an overland journey takes us across the Corinth Canal to the ancient site of Nemea and to the colorful seaport town of Nafplio. Then, set sail for a seven-night cruise around the stunning, sun-drenched coast of the Peloponnese Peninsula aboard the modern, privately chartered 18-cabin three-masted sailing yacht, Running on Waves. Delve into treasures of antiquity at the World Heritage site of Epidaurus, the bygone citadel of Mycenae and the rock of Monemvasia. Take a boat ride through the gleaming stalagmites and stalactites in the Diros Caves and float in the clear blue waters surrounding the Mani Peninsula.Have fun racing on the track at the original site of the Olympic Games at ancient Olympia, learn the mysteries of mystical Delphi, and cruise through the Corinth Canal back to Athens.
- Explore the rock of Monemvasia, the ruins of an ancient and highly fortified castle on its own small island
- Ride a boat through the gleaming Diros caves and have lunch in a small fishing village
- Visit the renowned site of Olympia and partake in a footrace on the ancient track
- See Delphi and learn the mysteries of the legendary Oracle
- Full youth program on board
Schedule by Day
- June 22: Depart U.S.
- June 23: Athens
- June 24: Athens/Corinth/Nemea/Nafplio
- June 25: Nafplio (Mycenae and Epidaurus)
- June 26: Monemvasia
- June 27: Gythion (Diros Caves and Areopolis)
- June 28: Kalamata (Messene)
- June 29: Katakolon (Olympia)
- June 30: Ithea (Delphi)/ Corinth Canal
- July 1: Athens/Depart for U.S.
Per person, double occupancy:
- Category C: $6,995 / $11,895 single occupancy
- Category B: $8,495
- Category A: $8,995
- Category Premium 2: $10,995
- Category Premium 1: $11,495
- Owner’s Suite: $12,495
- Children & young adults sharing (7-18): $500 reduction *
*Reduction does not apply to triple rate
- Category B Triple: $5,495
- Category A Triple: $5,995
- Owner’s Suite Triple: $7,995
- 1 night at Hotel Electra Palace
- 7 nights aboard Running on Waves
Optional Athens Pre-Extension
June 20-23, 2017
Plummer Professor of Christian Morals and Professor of Religion and Society
Mode of Travel
This private sailing yacht combines the look of a classic three-masted sailing vessel with contemporary design and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.