Greece: A Family Odyssey on Running on Waves
With its enticing blend of diverse cultural influences, natural beauty, and archaeological treasures, Greece is a perfect destination for a family tour. From Athens, set out for the colorful seaport town of Nafplio. Then, embark on Running on Waves for a seven-night cruise around the coast of the Peloponnese Peninsula. Delve into treasures of antiquity at Epidaurus, the bygone citadel of Mycenae, and the rock of Monemvasia. Take a boat ride through the stalagmites and stalactites in the Diros Caves and float in the clear waters of the Mani Peninsula. Race on the track at the original site of the Olympic Games, learn the mysteries of Delphi, and cruise through the Corinth Canal back to Athens.
- Explore the rock of Monemvasia, the ruins of an ancient and highly fortified castle on its own small island
- Ride a boat through the gleaming Diros caves and have lunch in a small fishing village
- Visit the renowned site of Olympia and partake in a footrace on the ancient track
- See Delphi and learn the mysteries of the legendary Oracle
- Full youth program on board
Schedule by Day
- June 21: Depart U.S.
- June 22: Athens
- June 23: Athens/Corinth/Nemea/Nafplio
- June 24: Nafplio (Mycenae and Epidaurus)
- June 25: Monemvasia
- June 26: Gythion (Diros Caves and Areopolis)
- June 27: Kalamata (Messene)
- June 28: Katakolon (Olympia)
- June 29: Ithea (Delphi)/ Corinth Canal
- June 30: Athens/Depart for U.S.
- To be announced
- 1 night at Hotel Electra Palace
- 7 nights aboard Running on Waves
Optional Athens Pre-Extension
Donald P. and Katherine B. Loker Professor of English
James Simpson will lecture on Athens and the Peloponnesian War, Aeschylus (Agamemnon), and Homer’s Odyssey.
Mode of Travel
This private sailing yacht combines the look of a classic three-masted sailing vessel with contemporary design and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.