European Coastal Civilizations on Le Boreal
Lisbon to London
This unique itinerary captures the historical legacies and dynamic cultures of Portugal, Spain, France and the United Kingdom and features an eight-night cruise from Lisbon aboard Le Boréal; a memorable cruise up the storied River Thames to London’s Tower Bridge; and the exclusive, expert-led C’est Bon! Culinary traditions™ program celebrating the cuisines and wines of our ports of call. Special guest speaker Dwight D. Eisenhower II accompanies you to the hallowed beaches of Normandy. Explore Oporto in Portugal’s renowned wine country. Walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela. Visit Bilbao’s illustrious Guggenheim Museum and impressive Mont-St-Michel.
- Visit the beaches of Normandy 73 years after the historic D-Day Landings, accompanied by Professor David Eisenhower.
- Explore three UNESCO World Heritage sites: Oporto, Santiago de Compostela and Mont-St-Michel.
- Visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum in beautiful Bilbao, Spain.
- Taste the local flavors through the C’est Bon! Culinary Traditions™ program—optional excursions with an emphasis on fine regional cuisine, informative lectures by culinary expert and author Kristine Kidd.
Schedule by day
- April 30: Depart for Lisbon, Portugal
- May 1: Lisbon, Portugal / Embark Le Boréal
- May 2: Leixões for Oporto
- May 3: La Coruña, Spain, for Santiago de Compostela
- May 4: Santander / Bilbao
- May 5: Day at Sea
- May 6: St. Malo for Mont-St-Michel
- May 7: Caen for Normandy Beaches
- May 8: Cruising the English Channel / White Cliffs of Dover, England / The River Thames, London (Tower Bridge)
- May 9: London / Disembark ship / Return home
To be announced
- 8 nights aboard the Le Boréal
Optional Lisbon pre-cruise option
Lisbon’s charm exudes from its renovated palaces, magnificent churches and an impressive castle that link the city to its rich cultural heritage. A historic gateway for world exploration and Portugal’s intimate, welcoming capital, Lisbon is the ideal prelude to your cruise. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Jerónimos Monastery, a magnificent 16th-century monument, and the nearby sleepy village of Sintra, where the former Moorish fort is the last remaining medieval royal palace in Portugal. Accommodations are for two nights in the deluxe Dom Pedro Palace Hotel, located in the heart of the city.
Optional London post-cruise option
Experience stately London, where living history makes each successive visit more enjoyable than the last. Visit the Tower of London and see magnificent Westminster Abbey, both UNESCO World Heritage sites; then stroll through legendary Hyde Park and see Buckingham Palace, where history, tradition and modernity meet. Accommodations for two nights are in the elegant InterContinental Park Lane Hotel, just steps away from Hyde Park.
Moderately Active: Many of the cities and towns being visited were founded centuries ago, and the terrain is rugged. Therefore, a fair amount of walking along narrow cobblestone streets, stone floors or uneven and or slippery terrain and climbing several flights of stairs (some without railings) is to be expected. Walking excursions often cover distances of at least 2-3 miles and are approximately three hours in length. Please be advised that the ship may either dock in port or tender ashore by small boat.
To be announced
Mode of Travel
Le Boréal features elegant design and innovative state-of-the-art marine technology.
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.