Discover Ethiopia, a country of striking natural beauty and rich history. Begin in Addis Ababa with a briefing at the U.S. embassy. Fly north to the majestic Blue Nile and watch the waters plunge down towering cliffs at Tis Issat Falls. Walk among gelada baboons in the breathtaking Simien Mountains. Visit Gondar, Ethiopia’s 17th-century capital, and Axum, the center of the legendary empire of the Queen of Sheba. Marvel at the rock-hewn churches in Lalibela, then travel to the southern Omo region, where more than two dozen indigenous tribes have lived isolated from the outside world for millennia.
- Visit Entoto Beth Artisan, an Ethiopian social business dedicated to providing fair-wage employment to over 100 local women.
- Meet with the founder of Asni Art Gallery and learn about fine art in Ethiopia today.
- Enjoy an excursion to the Simien Mountains National Park, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit the Royal Enclosure upon arriving in Gondar, surrounded by high stone walls and contains five castles.
Schedule by Day
- Oct 24: Depart the U.S. for Ethiopia
- Oct 25: Arrive in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Oct 26: Addis Ababa
- Oct 27: Lake Tana
- Oct 28: Gondar
- Oct 29: Gondar
- Oct 30: Axum
- Oct 31: Axum
- Nov 1: Laibela
- Nov 2: Laibela
- Nov 3: Awassa
- Nov 4: Arba Minch
- Nov 5: Arba Minch
- Nov 6: Jinka
- Nov 7: Turmi
- Nov 8: Turmi
- Nov 9: Addis Ababa
- Nov 10: Addis Ababa / Transfer to the airport for flights home
- To be announced
- Two nights at the Sheraton Hotel in Addis Ababa
- One night at the Kuriftu Resort and Spa at Lake Tana
- Two nights at Goha Hotel in Gondar
- Two nights at Yeha Hotel in Aksum
- Two nights at Maribela Hotel in Lalibela
- One night at Haile Resort in Awassa
- Two nights at Paradise Lodge in Arba Minch
- One night at Eco-Omo Lodge in Jinka
- Two nights at Buska Lodge in Turmi
- One night at the Sheraton Hotel in Addis Ababa
*Accommodations are tentative
Edwin M. Lerner II Professor of Biological Sciences; Affiliate of the Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology; Chair of the Department of Human Evolutionary Biology
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.