Cuba by Land & Sea on Le Ponant
Welcome to the vivacious and remarkable island of Cuba, where history is rich, and exploration, discovery and tenacity run deep through a culture steeped in a blend of European, African and Asian influences. When Christopher Columbus first landed in Cuba in 1492, he was met by the indigenous Arawak peoples. Diego Velázquez de Cuéllar followed on Columbus’ second voyage and settled the tropical island. During the heyday of seafaring pirates, it became a smuggler’s haven, and even slavery during the early 1800s’ sugarcane industry boom left its own indelible mark. A revolutionary lightning rod for 20th‑century politics, Cuba is lively and artistic, and its residents are among the most charming and welcoming people in the world. Meet them during this specially designed itinerary spanning the breadth of Cuba by land and by sea, and learn the secrets of their proud country through exclusive people-to-people enrichments.
- Enjoy a music performance by musicians from the Palenque de los Congos Reales.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Castillo San Pedro de la Roca (El Morro).
- Tour the former residence of Ernest Hemingway.
- Visit the home of and studio of renowned Cuban artist Jose Fuster.
Schedule by Day
- Feb 11: Depart for Miami
- Feb 12: Depart Miami for Holguin / Embark Le Ponant
- Feb 13: Santiago de Cuba
- Feb 14: Cruising the Caribbean Sea
- Feb 15: Casilda/Trinidad
- Feb 16: Cienfuegos / Santa Clara
- Feb 17: Cienguegos
- Feb 18: Cienguegos / Disembark ship for Havana
- Feb 19: Havana
- Feb 20: Havana / Pinar del Rio and Vinales Valley
- Feb 21: Havana / Transfer to the airport for return flights to the U.S.
- Category 6: $7,895
- Category 5: $8,895
- Category 4: $9,695
- Category 3: $9,895
- Category 2: $10,395
- Category 1: $10,895
- Category 5: $14,495
- Category 3: $15,995
- 1 night Miami Doubletree Hotel
- 6 nights aboad the Le Ponant
- 3 nights at Meliá Cohiba Hotel in Havana
To be announced
Mode of Travel
The intimate, three-masted deluxe Le Ponant offers an unforgettable and captivating sailing experience. A harmonious alliance of nautical tradition and great style, this small ship is designed to cruise into the most secluded harbors where larger vessels cannot reach..
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.