Canadian Rockies Explorer
With Glacier National Park
One of North America's great unspoiled wildernesses, the Canadian Rockies offer bountiful rewards for outdoor-loving travelers. While staying in unique mountain lodges, we ride in Glacier National Park's famed Red Jammers, visit cerulean Lake Louise, and set foot on Athabasca Glacier. Amid stunning alpine scenery, it's a feast for the eyes – and the spirit.
Schedule by Day
- AUG 11: Depart the U.S. for Calgary, Canada
- AUG 12: Calgary / Waterton Lakes National Park/Glacier National Park
- AUG 13: Glacier National Park
- AUG 14: Glacier National Park/Whitefish
- AUG 15: Whitefish, MT
- AUG 16: Whitefish / Lake Louise – Banff National Park
- AUG 17: Lake Louise / Jasper
- AUG 18: Jasper
- AUG 19: Jasper / Banff
- AUG 20: Banff
- AUG 21: Banff / Depart for U.S.
To be announcd
- 1 night at theHyatt Regency Calgary
- 2 nights at the St. Mary Lodge
- 2 nights at the The Firebrand Hotel
- 1 night at the Deer Lodge at Lake Louise
- 2 nights at the Whistler’s Inn
- 2 nights at the Rimrock Resort
This trip involves considerable touring in a high-altitude environment. Elevations at hotel locations are not severe, ranging from 3,400 ft. to 5,200 ft. The relatively high altitude reached on two excursions – Columbia Icefields (9,800 ft.) and Going-to-the-Sun Road (6,700 ft.) – could pose problems for guests with certain health conditions. You should consult your personal physician if you have concerns. In addition, during our drives through National Parks, mobile phone service will be very limited and most likely inaccessible. Once we reach our destinations within the parks (Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise), cell phone service will be available again.
Finally, please note that some parts of this trip involve considerable physical activity. Our hike in Whitefish is approximately three miles long and involves walking up and down dirt paths, while our excursion to Athabasca Glacier requires guests to enter and exit a large ice explorer vehicle, as well as to walk on the actual glacier itself. You should be in good physical condition and have good mobility to enjoy the tour to the fullest.
To be announced
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.